Monday, November 23, 2009

Getting Annoyed

I didn't get time to update with my 38 week appointment because my mother in law came in the next day. Everything went well. She checked my cervix and I was 75% thinned out. Dave and I were hoping that meant he might be coming this weekend but that has come and gone and still no baby. I have been having a few contractions but nothing major yet. I don't really mind though because I would love for my parents to be here. They get in Tuesday night so after that I'm going to be talking to him to get him motivated to join us!! With it being the holiday there wasn't any times to see the midwife this week so if the baby doesn't come this weekend we go back Monday. I'm hoping he comes this week though. We're going to ask to be induced sometime next week if not. Both grandparents are out and they will not be happy if they miss him. Especially my mother in law.

Dave and I had to pay to fly her out. She leaves Dec. 3rd and not sure when she will get to see D.J. if he doesn't come while she's out. She keeps threatening that she's going to stay until he comes so he better cooperate or I'm going to go insane! If you know anything about her you know she's very strong willed and says whatever is on her mind. She hasn't been bad this last week though. Only a few things have gotten on my nerve. The biggest thing that's getting annoying is that she keeps telling me to get this labor started. Like I have anything to do with it. She keeps saying she wants to hold him and what not. I'm trying to ignore it but it's like Dave and I haven't been waiting to hold him for 9 months? We had to tell her last night that she can't stay at the hospital and she "joked" about sending Dave home so she can stay there. I knew she was joking but had a tint of truth. Dave's going to have a lot to talk to her if she continues when the baby's here. But it could be A LOT worse. She's been much better than normal.

Dave's 26th bday was Wednesday and he had the day off. It was so nice to have him off during the week. We took his mom to South Beach Bar and Grill in Ocean Beach for lunch. We had to share our love for their fish tacos. We went walking on the beach afterwards. That night we met up with my sis and bro at Cheesecake Factory to celebrate Dave's bday. Thursday she went up to the pool while I relaxed. Friday my sister and I went to see New Moon. Let me tell you how good it was!! I've read the books but a few times my sis and I kept saying I don't remember this from the book. I've become motivated to reread the series because of that. The movie was a little slow at times but I didn't mind because I love the series. I would definitely recommend it. Saturday we went to the outlet mall. I did really good walking around being 39 weeks pregnant but didn't last very long. I was ready to go after about 4 hours. Luckily Dave's mom was feeling the same way so I didn't feel bad asking to leave. Dave found some great deals at Nautica and they of course had to have a kid section. It was scary how much we could have spent there for D.J. I have a feeling we will be going back there a lot because their clothes were sooo cute for him. We weren't planning on buying D.J. anything but the sales there were unbelievable. I got 2 pairs of shorts that were originally $32.50 for $5!!! I love sales and couldn't resist. That night we were all a little exhausted so we just hung at the house watching movies. Dave cooked his delicious bbq chicken and corn on the cob from the grill. It's sooooo good!! Sunday we watched the Steelers lose a horrible game against Kansas City then took naps. We were still a little tired from the outlet shopping. At least I was.

I cannot believe it's Thanksgiving already. I'm looking forward to seeing my parents tomorrow night. We don't have anything planned besides dinner at my sisters Thursday. We are all hoping there will be a little addition to our family this week to take up our time. I will update if anything new happens. I hope everyone has a great holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide