Thursday, November 12, 2009

Past Weekend

It's been awhile since I've updated because not much has happened. We finally had an exciting weekend to give me something to post! Friday Dave and I met up with my sis for dinner before she flew out to Phoenix. Afterwards we got some movies to watch.

Saturday we were invited to go with some friends to watch TCU play SDSU college football. We got there before the game to tailgate. That was a lot of fun even though I couldn't drink with everyone. The game was a blow out which made our friends happy since they were routing for TCU.

Sunday my friend Jodi and I met up to go to the outlets. I had heard about them but had never been. I was definitely excited to shop and spend time with Jodi. It's been forever since we did anything together. We had a lot of fun shopping and catching up. I did a great job of bargain shopping. Everything I bought for D.J. was on sale so I got lots of clothes for real cheap. Maybe that was a bad idea because I'm itching to go back already!

This week I've been working on getting everything done that needs to be done before I go into labor. I finally packed our bags and sanitized everything that needed to be. So I think we're pretty much prepared for our little guy to come.

From my last post you knew that D.J. was breech and we were scheduled for an ECV. We had to go to the hospital for this procedure since there could be some complications. When we got there they put us in a room and had me change into those lovely hospital gowns. The nurse drew some blood then hooked me up to an IV. She then strapped a heart monitor for the baby and one to monitor my contractions around my belly. She then left us alone while they watched D.J.'s movements. She kept coming in explaining that the doctors didn't want to do anything until they got 20 minutes of "good movement" from him. That probably took about an hour until they thought he was looking good enough to do the procedure. The doctor came in and explained the procedure and answered our questions. I wasn't really nervous until she explained that if I do have to go for an emergency c-section then I would be knocked out and Dave wouldn't be able to be in the room. Dave wasn't the happiest because he wants to be there when our first child is born. It was sad thinking that neither one of us would see him being born. After I signed a consent form she did an ultrasound to see how he was laying. He ended up being heads down!! That meant we didn't have to do the procedure!!! I was so happy that D.J. cooperated. I just couldn't believe we were at the hospital for about 3 hours for nothing. The good thing is that I know what will happen when I do go into labor. I also had a few contractions so I now know what they feel like. So I guess it wasn't all for nothing. I just wonder why they didn't do an ultrasound before getting me all hooked up. We could have avoided the whole thing if they would have checked first. I guess I'll never understand that one. The doctor said there is still a chance he'll flip back up since he hasn't settled all the way down yet. Now we are just praying that he stays heads down for us.

This weekend I think we're just taking it easy and doing a little more cleaning. Dave's mom flies in Tuesday afternoon until Dec. 3rd. We are going to just relax together this weekend before his mom comes in and possibly the baby is here. Dave's bday is Wednesday so we're going to have an eventful week to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide