Well, I'm finally forcing myself to sit down and write something to update anyone who even reads this. I think I blog more for myself to remember everything that is happening in our lives. It's my little public diary I guess!
Anyway, our trip to Pittsburgh was the best. We flew out Tuesday March 9th at 8 am. We were both a little scared having a flight that early because that meant we needed to be at the airport by 6 am. Since this was our first time flying with DJ and all of his baby stuff, we wanted to give ourselves plenty of time to get through security. We weren't sure how DJ would react to waking and eating that early in the morning. He did great though. He went right back to sleep on the drive to the airport. Luckily the airport wasn't very busy so it didn't take us long to get through security. Plus there were no problems with our stuff which made it even easier. Once on the airplane, DJ did even better than we thought. We fed him at take off to keep him on his 3 hour feeding schedule and to help with his ears. He played for a little then fell asleep pretty easily. We landed in Minneapolis and had a 2 hour layover where we were able to feed DJ. Once on the plane, DJ feel asleep and slept almost the whole flight. He started getting fussy right before landing so I made a bottle and Dave fed him during landing. He did so great which started our trip out on good terms.
That night we just hung at my parents house. Wednesday was spent at Dave's moms. DJ got to meet his Pap, Great Grandma, 2nd cousin Danny and his daughter Kennadi. It was so cute to see them together. DJ LOVED watching her play. Kennadi gave DJ kisses before they left which was just adorable. Thursday we went up to my Grandparent's house in Erie. It was such a great day seeing DJ with his Great Grandpa. I could tell that it brought my Grandpa such joy being able to hold and play with DJ. This is truly his first great grandchild. He has some, but only through marriage. I was the first grandchild to have their own baby. It was bittersweet though since my Grandma isn't around anymore. I can see how much my Grandpa is still hurting about her death.
Friday my friend Katie came over before Dave was going to spend the day at his mom's house. It was so great to see Katie again. This was the first time since giving birth that we have really gotten to sit down and talk. I was holding a workshop at one of Cori's friends house so I spent the afternoon getting ready. That night was a VERY successful workshop with everyone ordering at least one product! Unfortunately Dave had a tough night with DJ. He didn't react well to seeing new people and not having me around. Dave and I were supposed to go out and celebrate St. Patrick's day in Pittsburgh together, leaving DJ with my mom to babysit. But with DJ acting that way, I didn't want to leave him. So I sent Dave out to meet up with some of his family while I stayed home. I was a little disappointed but that's what being a mom is all about. I will sacrifice anything for my son. DJ seemed to be feeling much better after spending some time just chilling.
Sunday we went about an hour away to Johnstown where his sister is living. We stayed there until Thursday. That visit was really nice. It was not stressful and we felt very much at home. Dave's sister gave birth to Parker in February so it was great meeting and introducing DJ to him. We had such a great time with our nieces too. Dave's sister is engaged to a guy who has a son and daughter as well. That was nice to finally get to meet him and his kids. They definitely have their hands full though! That mini trip was probably the best part of our whole vacation.
Friday we drove back up to Erie to spend more time with my Grandpa. We visited my Grandma's grave. That was very emotional, but I'm glad we saw it. I think I needed a little closer. Saturday was spent with my Dad's side of the family. We had a family reunion that everyone could attend. My dad is the oldest of 7 so we have a pretty big side of his family. We haven't all been able to get together in forever. That was a great experience for DJ to meet all of his family too. I'm glad they planned that. Sunday we hung at my mom's. Monday was spent at Dave's mom's with some of his family. Then Tuesday we flew out. DJ did great on that flight as well. I am so glad we were able to get home to see everyone. It was a great trip and wonderful hanging with all of our family!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment