Sunday, April 18, 2010

First Rice Cereal Attempt!

We had DJ's 4 month checkup on Wednesday. He weighs 12lbs 10oz which is 10%. He is 25 inches long which is 50-75%. He was supposed to get shots, but he ended up having an infection in his eyes so we rescheduled for this upcoming Wednesday. The doctor recommended starting rice cereal once we notice DJ was feeling better. I couldn't believe it!! How quickly he is growing up already.

We were going to try Saturday, but hadn't washed up his bowls and spoons we bought Friday night. We decided to try Sunday morning. After his bottle we let him play for about an hour. We sat him in his bumpy chair to feed him. Pretty much the whole time, I could tell he wasn't sure about it. He ate a few spoonfuls then didn't want anymore. Every time I put the spoon near his mouth, he would grab it with his hands then want to chew on the spoon. He kept making faces like he didn't like it once he got a taste of the cereal. It was so cute though. We have some great pictures of his milk mustache! I will try to post pictures later but wanted to make sure I posted this while I was working on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide