Friday, June 4, 2010

Back to Work

I have about 20 minutes to update during the kid's nap time at work. I just realized that I can bring in my laptop to work since they have wireless!! Hopefully I will be able to use this time to update my blog. I have been very busy since starting work. I feel like I never have enough time in the day. By the time I get home, I want to spend time with DJ and the computer is the last thing on my mind. I take the later lunch so as long as I get my work done while the kids are napping, I should have my lunch to be able to do some computer time!

Work was tough the first week because I just wanted to be with DJ most of the time. Plus getting to know all the people working here was a little tough. Some of the girls were a little clicky at first so that was hard getting to know them. But I absolutely love all the people I work with now that we have gotten to know each other. The kids and parents in my room are great too. Even though I would much rather be at home with DJ, this was a good decision coming to work here! DJ just started coming with me today which will be great cause I'll be able to give him hugs and kisses all day! My mom has been out visiting for the last 3 weeks so she has kept him at home to spend time with him. It was great for us to save money too. I am definitely looking forward to him coming with me again though. I have missed him like crazy. I can fully understand why parents stay at home with their children, especially when they are this young. I feel like I miss so much sometimes. But you got to do what you got to do.

Another exciting news, we are renting a nice 4 bedroom house up in Oceanside which means we are moving again. We actually moved all of our stuff this weekend. So you can imagine what a busy weekend we had. Dave and I are both very excited though cause it's a house with a yard for DJ to have plenty of room to grow and play. This is also going to help us get out of debt some so we can eventually buy a house in the next year or 2. We pretty much have decided to stay in California for as long as we can. How couldn't you want sunny, warm weather all year round? My brother still needs some help so he is going to move in with us as well. That will be nice because Dave is going back to a sub in Aug and supposed to deploy sometime in the next year. It will be nice to have my brother around so we aren't all alone. I will try to post pictures once we are all unpacked in and settled.

DJ is doing great. He cut his first tooth 2 weeks ago on Sunday!! He has been a little more cranky but nothing like I thought he could be. He pretty much has been wanting to sleep more and when he's awake take his pacifier. I have to admit that we are very lucky parents with him. He's such a great boy! He is also sitting up on his own for long periods of time. As long as we put toys around him, he'll sit and play for awhile. He's such a people person though so I can't wait to see how he does with the other babies in the room. He's probably going to learn so much just from watching them. I just hope he doesn't turn into a cranky baby cause there are some needy ones in the infant room. I'm also going to start cooking him vegetables to try feeding him. He's been doing great with the rice cereal and we can tell he's ready for more people food. I am using tonight to cook up peas and carrots to try. I will update how that goes once we try it and I have some time. Other than that, he's doing great! I love him to death and am such a happy mommy!!

Well I better get back to the kids since one is starting to wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide