Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

So I normally don't make resolutions cause can't think of any or know I just won't stick to them. But for some reason this year I am motivated to work on a few things. Not sure if it has to do with me turning 30 or that I'm a mom now but I have a few resolutions for 2011.

So here's my list:
1. Post on this blog at least once a week
2. Work on losing this baby weight for good after Cameron is born in February. This is most likely our last child and I want to go back to feeling good when I put on clothes. And of course be a hot mama!!! :)
3. Cook dinner every night which will help me with number 2 and 4. I get very lazy sometimes after work and it's so easy to go out or order food. The problem with that is that I can't regulate what's in that food for myself and even worse for D.J. Now that he is eating complete people food I want to provide him with the best complete meals that I can. Cooking will also help us save money which leads me to my next one.
4. Paying down some of our debt. Dave and I aren't too bad with this but we have our share. Two car payments and 2 major, high interest credit cards is what I'd really like to work on paying off. This leads me to another resolution.
5. Find a job that I feel is more of a career than a job. I am turning 30 in May and still don't feel like I know what I want to do or am able to do use my education in my jobs that I've had. I want to be able to feel like what I do has a purpose rather than just doing it cause we need the paycheck. I have worked hourly for the last 3 jobs and am going to find something that has a great starting salary with great benefits. This will help me big time with the previous resolution.

So that's about it for this year. Do you think I can do it?? These are all very important to me so I'm hoping I can. When I complete something major in any of these resolutions I will be sure to update it here. That will definitely keep me motivated so I can brag about my progress! :). I guess I also have to post when things don't go as planned either so I can work on getting back on track. So stay tuned for how I do in 2011!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide