Saturday, February 26, 2011

Not a Good Start

So I haven't been doing a good job with one of my resolutions to get back to blogging. I'm not really sure why I haven't written anything since my last post. I have a lot of time now that I'm off work, but just can't seem to get myself to sit down in front of the computer to write anything. I guess I want to spend as much time as a family of three before we become 4 and have no time on my hands for anything.

Anyways, I will be 40 weeks tomorrow and still don't seem to be ready to deliver. Not that I mind because D.J. went 41 weeks and is absolutely fine. That also means that we've had a little more time to spend with D.J. by himself. If I don't deliver by March 7th I will be induced. I have an appointment Tuesday so I'm hoping I will be a little further along than last week. I am also going to have the doctor scrape my cervix. They did that with D.J. and I went into labor 2 days later, so I'm hoping that will start the process. I will update whatever happens when it happens, as long as I get a chance ;)

We got some very interesting news this past week. Dave had been submarine disqualified due to his asthma so he needed to switch jobs in the Navy. He put in for three jobs that he would like to continue to stay in the Navy for. He had been told that he was definitely going to get the one so we weren't too worried. Well it turns out whoever told him that was wrong. He was denied all three jobs because there is no openings for him being E6. If he didn't become E6, than he would have been fine. Go figure...he works his ass off to promote and it hurts him in the end. Pretty much he is being forced out of the Navy. Usually it's within a month that we would have to leave. Luckily, where he works now is going to help us out and delay the process as long as they can since we are expecting a new baby any day. We are thinking his date will be May 15th but we still aren't 100% sure the exact date yet.

I have such mixed feelings about all of this. I know that we will be fine because we are going to move back to Pittsburgh where we can live in a reasonable priced home, have good jobs and have both sides of family to help and be with. I will definitely miss living in San Diego with all of the friends I have made. I keep thinking how nice it would have been if Dave could have just done 10 more years and been able to retire with full benefits for the rest of our lives. But I'm VERY happy we won't have to go through deployments anymore now that we have a family. I have been through 2 by myself and those were tough, but I can't imagine what it would have been like with 2 kids. So now I'm starting the process of making sure my PA certification is current and looking for teaching jobs there. I am looking forward to the chance to get back into the classroom. I haven't been able to find any teaching positions out here, so I'm hoping to have more luck back home. I'm also hoping just knowing a lot more people in the field will help.

So that's about it for now. We are going to try to take full advantage of living in San Diego for the last few months that we have. And hopefully within the week we will have another baby boy joining our family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide