Thursday, May 26, 2011

Finally an Update

I have been dying to blog for the past couple of months but there have been some major changes that just haven't allowed me to. I am going to have to blog another time about everything in more detail. I just wanted to let anyone who still reads this know that we are still alive and doing well! :) Our second son, Cameron Micheal was born March 4, 2011. He was a VERY healthy boy weighing at 9 pounds, 13 ounces and 21 inches long. The labor was really quick this time meaning he was born within the 2 hours since my arrival at the hospital. Crazy quick how it went. After a month of having Cameron, we find out that Dave is not getting picked up for a different job in the Navy so he is being asked to get out. We then began the whirlwind of trying to figure out what to do. We decided to move back to Pittsburgh where both our families are so we can have the help. Luckily, the military was moving us so we didn't have to do anything. My mom flew out to help me fly the boys back home. We left about a week and a half before Dave was done with work. Once he got back, we found a new place and took about 2 weeks to clean, paint and get the place ready to be moved in. After all of our stuff was delivered it took about another week before we were officially in. There are still some boxes that we need to go through, but most of the place is all done. It's a small place but works perfectly for our little family at the moment. The rent is really cheap which will help us save money so when we want to buy a house we should have a decent amount. I found a job working in a preschool with ages 2 and 1/2 to 3 years old. The nice thing is that the ratio is 1-6. Out in California the ratio for that age group is 1-12 so I'm going to feel like this is easy to handle 6 kids. I'm really looking forward to going back to work so I can meet some new friends and have that adult interaction. Dave thinks he found a sales job that he started today, but he was waiting to officially decide until after a few days of doing it. Kind of weird, but he's going to be working in a cemetery selling plots and headstones to people who need it. I guess it's pretty good money if you are a good seller. We'll see. So that's about it for now since I'm trying to finish this while the two boys are asleep. We are all doing great now that we've adjusted being back on the east coast. I will definitely make a point to write more often, especially for my west coast friend, Jodi, who I think is the only one who actually reads this!! So Jodi....keep looking for more updates and I will try to post pictures next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide