So along with family updates, I am also going to be posting about my new obsession...couponing. After watching TLC's Extreme Couponing, I became very interested in how these people were saving that much money on essentials. I have been doing research, reading blogs, books, magazine articles; anything that had to do with couponing and helping me learn how to do it.
Since Dave got out of the military, we lost the opportunity to shop at the Commissary that was tax free and had some great deals. I realized how much money we were saving just shopping there. Since I have wanted to put ourselves on a tighter budget to get ourselves out of debt, I thought this could also help.
I have only shopped about 3 times, but those 3 times have made me instantly addicted. It's such a rush to get a bunch of stuff for more than 50% off, FREE and/or making money buying the products. Who would have thought how easy it is to save money just by paying attention to the weekly ads and paring specials with coupons.
Now I am never going to go to "extremes" like the show because every time I see the "stockpiles" those people have, I think how truly crazy they are. I just want to "stockpile" the essentials I know my family needs and will use. I will not buy things just because it's a great deal like some of those people on the show do. I am just trying to be a money saving mom.
So I have begun a small stockpile. I subscribed to the Sunday paper for the coupons. I clip and file my coupons into a binder. I check the weekly drugstores for their deals than match my clipped coupons to the deals. I have shopped at Walgreens, Rite Aid and Giant Eagle. I just recently started Rite Aid so I can't say which I like more yet. So far I like Rite Aid because you can buy more than one product to receive more than one +UP Rewards. Walgreens are limited to one Register Reward per transaction so you have to do multiple transactions if you want to stockpile. Rite Aid allows at least 2 for their rewards. These are coupons good for future purchases which makes saving even better!! Stores will be another post though because I can go on for hours.
I really am looking forward to continuing this adventure and blogging about my savings. I will begin to post pictures of my purchases along with the total savings. So stay tuned for Brittny's 'Krazy' Coupon Adventures! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So is it true you should never pay for toothbrushes or toothpaste? =) Good luck with your couponing....I am very interested to see how you do this!!
ReplyDelete