Tuesday, October 11, 2011
New Car
When I started this year out, I was planning on working on getting ourselves out of debt. I never realized that we were going to be thrown a total curve ball and have Dave get out of the military. We knew there was a possibility but were shocked when he was told and given only 2 weeks to get out. Anyways, we moved back to Pittsburgh and found a nice, small townhouse for only $650/month. What a difference from our thousands in San Diego. That was a good start to help us pay off some bills. The other major thing we just did was to trade in Dave's Tahoe. We were offered a trade in value that would help us pay off the Jetta as well and only have one car payment. That was going to save us more than $600/month in car payments. So we decided to go ahead with it and got rid of our Tahoe. As much as we didn't want to with winter coming up and it was such a great SUV to have, it was a smart move for our family. So we got an Hyundai Sonata Hybrid. I drive the car the majority of the time and I absolutely love it. The gas mileage on it is unbelievable. I totally understand why people drive hybrids now. It's such a smooth ride too. It's big enough to have both boys' car seats in the back with room to spare in the front. The only down side is that the trunk is not that big because the battery takes up a lot of that space. The other feature I'm loving right now is blue tooth enabled, which means I can hands free talk with no annoying ear piece or anything. It uses my phones blue tooth to go through the car. Love it!!! So that is our major news at the moment. I will try to take pictures in the next couple days so I can post my new baby!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment