What a great year it has been so far for the Steelers!! Not a very easy one for us fans though. We played Baltimore today to clinch our division. Baltimore is always a tough game no matter how good or bad they are. We were down the whole game but had another drive at the end of the game to score a touchdown and win!!! I truly love being a Steeler fan, but why do they have to wait until the end of the game to play good?? My heart can't take much more of this. Unfortunately for me the schedule doesn't get any easier playing Tennessee, Cleveland and then the playoffs. If we win next weekend against Tennessee we could get home field advantage for the playoffs. I have mixed feelings about that. Sometimes I think we play better on the road but it would be great to be able to play at home for those big games. We'll find out next Sunday.
This has been a very long work week. If you've read my earlier posts I've written that the parents I work for found out they were pregnant again expecting to deliver July 4th. Well they went to their first ultrasound 2 weeks ago and found out the babies heartbeat was very slow and she had some blood in her uterus. The doctor told them she was either going to miscarry or the baby was going to have something wrong if born. We were all devastated when they found that out. They went back to the doctor this past Monday to find out she did miscarry and there was a lot of blood the doctor was afraid of her hemorrhaging. She had to go through a DNS to remove everything and to keep her safe. They asked me to stay the whole day until Hayden went to bed. That meant I worked for 12 hours on Tuesday. I didn't mind since I knew they needed the help and I was supposed to have Friday off. Well the mom needed to stay home most of the week because of this procedure. She was feeling better and wanted to go into work Friday which meant I needed to work on my day off. I can't be mad too much though since I had last Friday off when it was supposed to be a workday. Plus it will be a nice paycheck right around the holidays. The parents are doing much better now and this isn't supposed to affect them getting pregnant again. They are going back to their original plan of waiting until Hayden is over 1.
Thursday I weighed in and was very nervous because I haven't felt like I've been losing weight this week. I guess I was wrong though. I lost 2.6 pounds taking my total to 14 pounds!! I couldn't believe it when I saw it. It made me so happy which makes me really want to stick to weight watchers. I was beginning to feel discouraged with this diet so I really needed that.
This weekend I finally started my Xmas cards. I wanted to try to make some cards to mail out. I was having such a hard time figuring out what I wanted to do with them. Dave had to work Saturday so I set my mind that I was going to get the cards started. I looked online and got some ideas then just went to work. I didn't get much done when Dave came home from work. I also wanted to spend some time with him and I knew I could work on them in the morning while Dave watched the football games. I actually got them finished today too!! I thought it was going to take me at least a week making 16 cards, but having them all be the same helped me to do an assembly line for each part of the card. It definitely took some time but I'm very happy with the outcome. Making cards is such a rewarding craft. I'll post pictures some other time when I take some of the card.
That's about it for this week. Next Sunday my parents come in for the holidays so I'm very excited. The only bad thing is Dave and I have to make sure the house is all clean and ready for them to stay with us for 2 weeks. It'll be a full week of work, cleaning and finishing up our Xmas shopping.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment