Sunday, May 3, 2009

Love at First Sight

Well I haven't posted in forever but we've been very busy. The move really seemed to wear me out so I've just been relaxing and not motivated to be on the computer much. But I just had to post about our first ultrasound.

Friday was our 10 week appointment. It was very long with lots of questions to answer. The good thing is that the nurse said everything is looking great and I'm a very healthy person. All of the blood work came back fine. Dave and I were both very nervous to make sure everything was good with me and the baby. She did a full body exam and had some concern about my thyroid. But I figured they would because I was diagnosed with an overactive thyroid but never had to take any medication for it or anything. She said they will do some tests at another appointment but no concern at this point. She did a pap smear and some other things and then it was time for our ultrasound. She used the doppler to try to hear the baby's heartbeat which she couldn't find. That made me very nervous but the nurse said don't worry we'll hear it on the ultrasound.

She got the machine ready and pulled out this long, slim thing. She then tells me that this is an internal ultrasound. I was like, WHAT?? Did I hear that right? I had never heard of anything like that. I just assumed that everytime u did one it was that thing on your belly. I guess you learn something new everyday!!! She first checked for a twin which she called neighbors which I found was very funny. She was a really good nurse wife. Then we got to see our baby for the first time. I couldn't believe the feeling I had when she found it. I can't even describe how much I loved the little thing already. The baby didn't do much during the ultrasound but we saw the head, arms, legs and little heartbeat. Seeing and hearing the heartbeat was the neatest thing. All of our worries went away at that point. She did a few measurements to check we were correct with our timeframe. Dave is hoping that our baby is born around his bday which is Nov 18. My due date is Nov 27. After taking the measurements she clicked out and 2 dates were on the screen. The first one said Nov. 17 and Dave and I couldn't believe it. According to the size of the baby I was 11 weeks pregnant, but then we looked at the date her assistant put in for my last period and realized that was wrong. With the correct period date, I was still 10 weeks pregnant, due Nov 27. I felt bad for Dave cause he went from being so excited to a little disappointed. I keep reminding him I could deliver anytime around his bday. Everything was great and I'm set for another appointment in 6 weeks. After that we will make an appointment 2-4 weeks after that to find out the sex of the baby. That's the one we are really excited to have. Things are moving right along though!!


Love at first sight


Another picture

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations again Brittny!! I'm so excited for both you and Dave!

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide