Well I haven't had much time to write since this is our official move week. We have been doing a lot of packing. I also got a cold this past weekend so I really have been down for the count. I should actually say that Dave gave me his cold and not being able to take anything has really sucked. I kept thinking how great it would be if I could take medicine to let me sleep normal. But my body has finally given me a break today and cleared the cold out of me. Yesterday was the first day I wasn't feeling sick to my stomach from the pregnancy either. So it is going to be a great end to a tough week.
We got the keys to the new place on Wednesday and started taking some boxes over. Dave's friend came over tonight to help move the tv's and stand. It's going to be weird with no tv to watch tonight. Dave and I might actually have to talk to each other ;) Dave was able to take tomorrow off and with it being my day off, we're going to take more boxes over and start unpacking what we can. Most likely we'll get the kitchen all moved and unpacked before Saturday. We're going to take over our closet clothes tomorrow too. So I'm going to take tonight and go through my closet and get rid of a ton of stuff. I have been meaning to sort through my clothes and donate a lot of the stuff I haven't worn forever but just have been too lazy. Moving is the perfect time for that. I still have clothes that I wore for my college, partying days. I don't think I'll be needing those anymore. It'll be nice because there will be room in the closet for new clothes shopping!! Then Saturday we have a lot of friends coming to help move all the big, heavy stuff. We're going to pick up the moving truck at 7 am. I have to be over at the new place by 8 because AT&T is coming to set up our phone, Internet and cable. At least I'll be able to watch tv while I wait for everyone to get over there. We're going to buy pizza and beer for everyone to keep them happy! I just truly hate moving so it'll be sooo nice when it's all over. I have a feeling after this weekend we're going to want to do nothing on the weekends but relax for awhile.
Hayden is turning 1 tomorrow. I cannot believe that it's been a year already. He is just turning into the cutest, sweetest little boy. He's really starting to show his affection with me which makes me love him even more. He's also sooo close to walking. He will take about 5-6 steps then throw himself at me. I saw for the first time yesterday him really think about walking and take his time taking his steps not to fall over. The grandparents are in this weekend so I can only imagine how spoiled he will be. They are having a little party for his bday on Saturday. Since there's not much moving I can do, I'm going to try to sneak out to stop at their house to drop off his gift and to say hi. I just have to see him in his little bday outfit mom was telling me about and see him dive into the cake. That's the best part about a kid's birthday, when the parents give him his own cake to "eat!"
The mom had taken today off since her mom was flying in this morning so we had some time to talk while she was getting the house ready. She asked me what we were planning on doing when the baby was born. Dave and I have talked about our options but we aren't really sure yet. I told her this and she goes to tell me that they love me with Hayden and would hate to lose me so I'm more than welcome to bring the baby along with me to work! I couldn't believe it. I had thought of that option but wasn't sure how I would bring that up. I mean they would be paying me to bring my baby to their house. Crazy! They truly are such wonderful people and I couldn't be happier/luckier to have found them to work for. Dave was all excited when I told him because I'll be able to work and take care of our baby at the same time. I think he was more excited that I would still be able to work!
That's about it for now. Not sure when my next post will be since it's going to be a crazy, long weekend of moving for us. I'm just so happy it's here and will be over after this weekend and I'm starting to feel good. I'm still tired but other than that great! I hope everyone has a great weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment