Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Keeping in touch from Pittsburgh, PA to Norfolk, VA

Dave and I dated long distance for our first 2 years of our relationship. I'm not really sure how we made it work. I guess a lot of mileage put on our cars back and forth almost every weekend. The other thing we did was to make sure we talked on the phone as much as possible. We went through 2 of Dave's deployments but after so long we started fighting over the littlest things only because we missed each other so much. We made the decision that we needed to be together or break up. I ended up finding a teaching job in Virginia and moved down to be with Dave. That was the start of us realizing we wanted to be together forever. We ended up getting married 2 years later. I do not recommend anyone having to date long distance but it definitely helped us have great communication in our relationship.

1 comment:

  1. It does work sometimes but I think it only really works if the 2 people are meant to be together

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide