This past week was my last week of work. It was really hard knowing that I wasn't going to be working with the family anymore. It turned out to be a great week though. Hayden was wonderful. He started saying my name the last 2 weeks. It's the cutest thing. Go figure that he would learn my name when I'm leaving. I didn't want to leave on Friday though. It was definitely tough saying good bye for the last time. I really hope the new nanny works out for them because they deserve it. Even though I've got my fingers crossed that it doesn't and they ask me to come back in January. I said that I would love to continue to babysit so hopefully it won't be too long until I see them again.
We didn't end up doing much this weekend. I was going to go to this craft thing with my friend Jenny but she couldn't get out of work and I didn't get home in time cause I had to do some running around after work. Dave and I went to Applebee's for dinner was our big thing that night. I have been craving buffalo wings and they have really good boneless ones. It's so weird because I usually don't eat or like hot/spicy food like that. I guess we can call that a pregnancy craving for sure. Dave's hoping I continue to like hot food because he loves it. Saturday we went to pick up our recliner we bought so I can use to feed D.J. We decided to rearrange the living room furniture so Dave could use the chair to watch tv. It's pretty funny because once we were finished, I don't think he's left the chair since. I have to admit it's really comfy and a great purchase for us. We kept asking each other why haven't we gotten one of these earlier. Dave is already planning on buying another before we go to Guam. I wanted to check Old Navy out for their maternity clothes. I need to start looking for some nursing shirts and bras. We went shopping and I was a little disappointed with their selection. I got 2 pairs of comfy pants but that was it. We also went to Border's and got the book Baby Wise. The family suggested it which helped them get Hayden to sleep through the night at 6 weeks. We're definitely going to do it because I want D.J. to be able to sleep through the night as soon as possible. I hope it works cause I need my sleep too! :) Today was a great day because we watched the Steelers beat Minnesota. Minnesota came in undefeated so it was a big game for us. It was a great game to watch too. Our defense ended up taking over in the fourth quarter. The Vikings were driving for a score when we recovered a fumble and ran it back for a touchdown. After that we allowed a kick off return giving them another chance to win. The next drive when it looked like Minnesota was going to score, we got an interception for a touchdown. That pretty much sealed the win. That makes us 4-2 and still in the hunt! It was another close game which makes it hard being pregnant. I swear I'm going to go in labor during one of these Sundays. The rest of the day I just relaxed or I should say napped on the couch. A pretty easy, uneventful weekend for us.
It's pretty weird that I won't be getting up to go to work starting tomorrow. I love that but it's going to be different. I've got a list of things that I want to get done this week though. I'm going to do a major cleaning within the next couple of weeks in each room of our place. I just want to get everything cleaned for when the baby comes. Tomorrow I'm going to work on our bedroom and bathroom. I'm also going to try to get at least one scrapbook page done a day. I still haven't finished our cross country album that I've been working on FOREVER. I need to finish that so I can start D.J.'s album so I stay on top of his with the little time I'll have. Tuesday afternoon we have a tour scheduled at the hospital for labor and delivery. Wednesday I'm going to fleet and family support center to have them help me apply for the teaching position in Guam. I'm hoping they can answer the questions I have about that position as well. I'm going to check the Navy exchange for any nursing tops/bras while I'm down there too. I'm going to take Thursday easy because I'm sure I'll be a little tired from running around the last couple of days. I'll probably do lots of scraping that day. Friday we have our 36 week appointment in the afternoon. Sometime this week we need to get/make our Halloween costumes for the party Saturday. I'm going to be a peanut m&m since I have the belly and everything. I need to look for a yellow tshirt that I can pin an M on and white gloves. We aren't sure what Dave's going to be yet so we need to do a little shopping to see what we can put together. Even though I won't be working, I'm hoping to get a lot accomplished this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment