Well I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad. The Steelers won, but it was pretty ugly. We ended up beating Cleveland 10-6. The problem is the way the game ended. It was 4th and 4 on the Cleveland's 30 something yard line. Our coach decided to try to get the first down rather than kicking the field goal which would have taken us up by 7. I understand his thinking since there was 30 some seconds left and if we got the first down the game would have been finished. But if something horrible happened and Cleveland drove down for a touchdown we would have lost. In the end it worked out for us but not sure about the decision. The Brown's always give us a hard game too and I hate watching it. Next Sunday we take on the Eagles, which will be another test for us.
This has been an interesting week though. It was my last week working at KinderCare being a toddler teacher. It was definitely bitter sweet because I hate to leave the kids and coworkers but love to get out of that corporation and into something with more money. I am a little nervous to start my new job tomorrow being a nanny for a 5 month old. I think the only thing I'm nervous about is I will be all by myself so if something would happen to the boy it's all on me. I should be ok though because the mom is taking Monday and Tuesday off to spend the day showing me what to do. I will definitely be writing about my new job though.
Another thing about this week is that one of Dave's best friends came into town. He was his best man in our wedding. He's in the Navy and came out to take a class. He's a great guy and I love to see how happy Dave is to spend time with him. The funny thing has been they haven't been able to go to a bar though. Neither one of them have a valid drivers license right now. Dave uses his military id and passport. Brian only has his military id. Anywhere in the country accepts just military ids. Well, we tried to go out Saturday but no one would let us in without another form of identification. San Diego has a city law that doesn't accept only military id. You have to show some other form of id. Dave would have been able to get in but Brian doesn't have anything else. So, it's been a big joke that they can fight and die for the country but San Diego won't let them even have a drink in a bar. Unbelievable! That's the only thing I've ever had negative about this city.
Well I better get myself ready for my first day of my new job!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment