Sunday, November 9, 2008

Historical Week

Well I haven't gotten to write since we elected a new President. I've been meaning to, but just haven't sat myself down at the computer long enough to write something about it. I am very happy that I went ahead and voted. I can now say that I am a part of history. When Dave and I were watching Obama elected as President and give his speech, I was still in awe. We knew that he was going to win pretty much a week in advance. I still couldn't believe that we were witnessing history though. It's wonderful to see that the color of someones skin really didn't matter in this election. I think he was the deserving one to win, even though I don't think either one are really prepared for what they are going to have to do as President. I just believe that Obama will be able to do a much better job than McCain. Obama has his hands full as soon as he officially becomes President so only time will tell how he does. It was just a neat experience to see our first black President. What a speech he gave too. If you have been living in a hole this past week, you definitely need to listen to his speech. Very inspiring. What a great moment in America this past Tuesday.

The only other exciting news is I went to one of my old coworker Jennifer's baby shower today. It was in Escondido, about 45 minutes away, so my other friend Jodi and I drove together. I'm so glad we did that because it was great catching up with her on the drive. Since leaving work, I don't get to talk to her as much as I would like. Plus it was raining pretty hard on the highway and I would have been very nervous for her to drive, being that she's pregnant. The shower was really nice. I didn't know any of Jennifer's family or friends, but it was still fun playing games and seeing the adorable clothes she got for her baby girl. I am very proud to say that I stayed away from the food that I'm not supposed to eat on Weight Watchers too. Luckily we left while the cake was being cut cause I probably would have broke down for that. I loved this diaper cake that one of her friends made. Very cute and creative idea.






Jennifer and her diaper cake!










Jennifer with the boppy pillow I got her














Not much else to say about this week. Penn State ended up losing so we have a better chance of getting to go to the Rose Bowl to watch them. Steelers also lost to Indy so it's a sad day for Pittsburgh fans. Don't want to say anything else about that cause I could go on for paragraphs about that. Next weekend we play San Diego so Dave and I might go to the bar to annoy San Diegans!!! I will weigh in tomorrow and leave a post about the weight lose!! Also, this weekend we are going to Big Bear since I have Friday off. It's Dave's birthday next Tuesday and has been having a tough time at work so he wanted to get away for a weekend. For some odd reason I said yes to going back to snow. That's the cool thing about San Diego though, 3 hours from going somewhere with snow. I could handle that cause I do miss the snow sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide