Monday, November 17, 2008

Long Weekend Away

We had such a wonderful weekend away. Dave's birthday is tomorrow and he wanted to go away for the weekend to celebrate. I was all for it since I had off Friday, Monday and half day Tuesday. Dave and I went to Big Bear last winter. We had such a wonderful time that we knew we were going to go back. Even though it wasn't going to be snowing, we decided to go to Big Bear anyways. He wanted more of his friends to go up but it was short notice for one couple who couldn't get off of work. His other friend didn't want to go up without snow. So it was just me, my sister and Dave. It was truly the perfect getaway weekend though. The weather was 60 and sunny. The trees were beautiful. We felt so relaxed the entire weekend. What a different town it is during the fall.

The house we stayed in was great. We spent most of our time in the kitchen around the island talking, drinking and playing games. The other draw was the hot tub. It was cool enough at night that we could stay in the hot tub forever.

We got up there late Thursday night so we played quarters at the island to get our drinking on. Friday we wanted to go walking/hiking around town to see the lake and other sights. It was fun trying to figure out how to get to the lake then back to our house afterwards. We grilled hamburgers and chicken that night. We all needed the hot tub after our walk that afternoon so we sat in the hot tub drinking and talking. Saturday we just hung around watching a little football. I wanted to go to the local scrapbooking store to get some Big Bear supplies. My sister and husband were nice enough to go with me. It turned out to be a nice Saturday afternoon shopping in the village there. We spent some more time in the hot tub that night. We had the best time playing board games that night too. We played a game called "Who's the Idiot." We had so much fun playing Pictionary. I never thought I was good at that game but I won both times we played.

The entire weekend we were all commenting how nice and relaxed we all were. I would love to have a place like that where Dave and I could get away from all the craziness for a long weekend. We enjoyed ourselves so much that we're already planning a long weekend in Feb/March time to go skiing. A bunch of our friends have already told us they want to come that time too. I'm not a big skier being that I've only skied twice, but being away with friends is what I really want. We can't wait.

The other thing I want to comment about is the Steeler game. We played San Diego yesterday and it was very nerve racking. I kept thinking to myself we can't lose to San Diego since we now live here. I would never feel like I could wear my Pittsburgh gear around town again. Luckily we pulled off the win and I can be proud to wear my stuff. Even though the score was 11-10, the Steelers still pulled off the win. We play Cincinnati this Thursday so it'll be nice not having to watch Sunday. Especially since Thanksgiving is coming up and we need to have our house cleaned and ready for people to come over for dinner.

2 comments:

  1. this is really neat. now I understand why you never return calls, its all here on the net.
    I wish all the kids did one of these or do they??? Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. now I understand why you don't return phone calls, do Kendell and Teal do this, I see Cori's link on your blog. tuff keeping up with your generation.

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide