I had another entertaining weekend. Friday I had the day off. I wanted to go back to the preschool to see all the kiddies dressed up for the Halloween parade. It was so much fun hanging out with them and my old coworkers and to see them all dressed up. They all looked very cute. It doesn't take me long to remember why I left that place though. Afterwards I did some shopping and got some more scrapbooking supplies!!
Halloween at our place was insane. We live in military housing and most of the families have children. We bought two HUGE bags of mixed candy from Costco. We kept saying that we were going to have so much left over. We ended up running out by 7!! It was sad that we had to close up our house so kids wouldn't come looking for candy. It worked out though cause we hadn't eaten dinner yet. We made the mistake at first to give out a couple pieces to the first visitors. Next year we know how many kids come around there for trick or treating and will be much more prepared. Most of the kids were very nice mannered. We noticed that the parents were worse than the kids sometimes. The parents would be telling their kids which candy to get them. We even had parents getting candy for themselves. I was shocked! Like they won't have enough candy left over from their kids' bags. We saw some very cute costumes though. Some of my favorites were a Stewie from Family Guy; a UPS guy that had a package for an accessory; a candy corn (which is my favorite Halloween candy); a 5 month old dressed in a lady bug that was able to walk with the support of their parents. I love to pass out candy to see what kids can come up with.
This weekend we were into watching movies too. Friday we watched The Other Boleyn Girl. It was a pretty messed up movie about two sisters fighting for the King Henry 8th affection. It was pretty good though. Saturday night we watched Stop Loss. That's a military movie about guys who are supposed to get out and are forced to go back to Iraq. It was kind of sad to watch and know this is actually happening to a lot of people in the military. Another good movie to watch though. Plus the actors are HOT!!
I think I found the table I'm going to get for scrapbooking and to house our computer. Jodi invited me to Ikea on Saturday cause she was looking for something. She ended up not being able to find it, but it wasn't a lost trip for me. This table will be able to be extended with another table if I find it's just not big enough for everything. I love that concept. So, maybe this weekend after I get paid I will be able to have my new table and really get back to scrapbooking. I haven't done much the last month and a half. I'm getting very anxious.
Well, look for an update tomorrow. I'm weighing in for the first time on Weight Watchers and the Steelers play the Redskins. I will definitely let you know how much I lost (hopefully) and how the Steelers won!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment