I was thinking today at work that I needed to write a post about the boy I nanny. I haven't written about him in awhile and have a lot to tell you. He just does the cutest things. He's 9 months old now. He's not quite crawling yet. He's doing the army crawl around the room though. He gets up on his hands and knees like he's going to crawl then flops down onto his belly to army crawl instead. Just a few weeks ago he started pulling himself up into a sitting position. It's the neatest thing to watch him move himself around to get what he wants. He army crawls to what he wants then pulls himself up to sit. He'll play for awhile then wants something else so he flops over and army crawls somewhere else. It's quite a thing to watch. Most of the time I'm laughing cause he huffs and puffs while he's "crawling." It's sooo cute.
He's really neat to watch playing with his toys too. He gets such a serious look on his face while he's playing. He really gets into the toys. He's such a smart boy too. They have a closet thing to keep their cable box in that has doors. I close them while he's crawling around cause he likes to go right for the box to push the buttons. Just today he sat himself up and was trying to figure out how to open the door. He was pulling on the handle without me even having to show him. I was shocked that he knew what to do to get the door open. I definitely think his parents view on not letting him watch tv until he's 2 is helping him mentally grow more than normal.
He's eating more and more whole food. Just this week I started giving him cheerios. The first time he pretty much pushed them around his high chair. I think he fed the dog more than himself. He let's me put one in his mouth and I think it's cute to watch him use the 4 teeth that he has to crunch the cheerios up. Today was great though. He got soooo excited when I poured some cheerios on his high chair. He tried picking some up and they got stuck to his palm. He took his hand to his mouth over and over trying to get them in his mouth but just couldn't. He wanted them so bad he put his head down to try to get him with his mouth alone. I couldn't stop laughing. The problem he has right now is he can't grip them in his two fingers. Once he's figured that out he'll be eating those no problem on his own.
Everyday I work I think how bad I want a little boy because how happy and fun Hayden is. I just hope ours can be as cute and lovey as Hayden. The parents are doing a wonderful job raising him. I have the best job ever! I'll try to post a recent picture after I take some cause he has changed so much since when I started.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment