UGH!! I'm so annoyed right now I just had to vent a little. I've been wanting to make an appointment to see my doctor to get myself checked up for awhile now. I haven't seen a doctor, I don't even know the last time actually. I call this morning to set up an appointment the next Friday I have off. Well the guy wasn't very nice in the first place and doesn't seem very helpful. I asked if I could make an appointment for Feb. 6th. He checks and says she's not in that day. So I ask for the 20th. It takes him FOREVER to check this time and says she's not in that day either. I ask what time she's there until everyday cause maybe I could go after work one day. Nope, they stop taking appointments at 3:30. So I explain that I have to get an appointment on Fridays that I have off and ask him to check March 6th. He goes on to tell me that it doesn't look like she's in on any Fridays! WTH??!! What doctor isn't in on any Fridays? So now I have to call my health care provider to try to switch my primary care. I try calling and they are only open Mon through Friday. Seriously, why are things so complicated sometimes? Now I'm going to have to try to call during one of Hayden's naps to find a doctor who is there on Fridays then call back to set an appointment up for hopefully this next Friday I have off. I'll be so pissed off if they don't have anything for that Friday.
I feel a little better after venting. Sorry about that. I bet you didn't expect to read that on a Sunday! I think this frustration comes from this week of work too. I was supposed to have this past Friday off, but the parents were going away for the weekend. Grandma was coming in to watch Hayden while they were gone. This has happened before when the Grandparents are going to be here and they still want me to work. I'm not sure why though. I can understand to give them a break but I know my mom would hate for our nanny to be there when she wants to spend time with her grandchild. But it's not like I can say no cause they have to pay me anyways if they give me the day off. So Grandma flies in Wednesday night, which means she's there Thursday and Friday while I'm there. Again not that I mind too much until she starts going all Grandma on me. Thursday wasn't that bad because the parents didn't leave until 1:30 so I only had a few hours alone with Grandma. Friday I was ready to blow.
Hayden has been crying when we put him down for his afternoon nap. He's been teething and just not wanting to sleep. Well, the dad and I usually go check on him once then let him cry himself to sleep. Well Grandma was not having that while she was here. He started doing his normal crying and I let him go for about 15 minutes to see if he'd fall asleep. Well, he didn't so I went to hold him and calm him down. I put him back into bed and he continued for about 5 minutes then calmed himself down. He started up again about 10 minutes later but I could tell he was getting close to sleeping so I was going to leave him. Grandma came into the room I was sitting in and asked in a very rude tone, "Do you guys usually let him cry like this?" I said yes and explained how he eventually falls asleep and she mumbles under her breath, "well they shouldn't." I almost flipped. I had to walk out of the room before I said something very bad. Maybe 2 minutes later she says she's going to go sit with him. She brings him down about 5 minutes later saying he doesn't want to sleep. I'm like whatever lady, you're the one going to have to deal with a tired boy tonight. So I take him on a walk to get away from her and get rid of some of my anger. I just kept thinking she's gone after today. Unfortunately I was wrong. She's not leaving until Tuesday. I'm getting all angry just thinking of working while she's there again tomorrow. I just wish they would give me the day off.
This was just a VERY long week and I hope tomorrow isn't some of the same. I'll just keep thinking of Super Bowl Sunday which should help!! I'm very jealous of my Dad and brothers cause they are going to Tampa for the game. Dave and I would love to go but the tickets they found for $1550 in the nose bleed section are just WAY too expensive for us. Plus we'd have to look into flights and everything. Dave claims this is the last year he won't be going if the Steelers are in the Super Bowl. I hope so. We thought about going to Pittsburgh for the game but Dave's work wouldn't give him the time he wanted off. So we're going to be watching from our couches. Which isn't a bad thing since we've watched every game from here and have made it to the Super Bowl so maybe it's good luck! We're thinking of having some people over but we're limited with seating. It will be kind of tough to have a lot of people to watch the game. We'll see though.
Hopefully next Sunday I'll have a much happier post. It'll all depend on how the Steelers do.
GO STEELERS!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



I hope you have a better week!! I feel your pain with trying to get a doctors appointment, but I always went with the first appointment available. I don't think I've ever seen the same doctor twice...why wouldn't they let you do that? As for grandma...hang in there! Maybe talk to the parents about her?
ReplyDelete