Monday, January 19, 2009

PITTSBURGH'S GOING TO THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Well I didn't get to make a post last night because I was out celebrating the victory. I can't even describe how excited I am that the Steelers are going back to the super bowl. The best part is that we had to beat San Diego and Baltimore to get there. I was definitely nervous for last nights game since Baltimore is a huge rival of ours. I couldn't imagine Baltimore beating us on our home field to go to the Super Bowl. I think I had nightmares all week of seeing them celebrate the AFC championship on our field. Thank god that didn't happen though. It was so great to finally host the championship and win. I've seen 2 that we lost and it was not fun at all. Dave and I are seriously debating on getting a flight to Tampa to go to the super bowl but we're not sure yet. It all depends on if we can get tickets and how much they are. If not we are definitely having a party and can't wait.

I'm definitely hung over from celebrating a little too much last night. My sister, husband and one of Dave's friends got a cab from our place down to the Steeler bar in PB. We started taking shots as soon as we got there. Since being on the diet I haven't drank that much in a LONG time. So I got pretty drunk, but it was soooooooooooooo worth it. I love the Steelers!!

Saturday I went to one of the kids 2 year bday party from the center I used to work at. It was a lot of fun to see some of the girls and families from the center that I haven't seen forever. It was great getting to talk with Jodi on the ride up and back. I haven't gotten to talk with her much since her husband and family were home. I also got to have some time holding Mackenzie. She's gotten so big. Granted I haven't seen her since she was born though. I'm very excited to see her grow up. I know Jodi will do a great job raising her too.

Well that was pretty much my weekend. I was very happy to have today off for Martin Luther King Jr. day. I need it after last night. I am using the day to relax and catch up on some things I've wanted to get done and haven't. My scrapbooking supplies are officially organized and put away so there might be some scrapbooking today too!! I'm very excited about it too. This weeks going to be a mellow one with nothing much planned so hopefully I can really get back into finishing my cross country album I've been working on for a LONG time.

Quick note: I lost 3.4 pounds this week. I needed that since my parents were in I actually gained 3 pounds. So I'm back down to what I was before my parents were out.

Last thing on my mind is that Dave and I seriously talked about him reenlisting. He pretty much thinks he's going to make the Navy a career. When his reenlistment comes up he'll have 9 1/2 years in the service. He doesn't really want to lose those years for nothing. He would be half way done at that point. 20 years he would be able to retire with full benefits and everything. That alone pretty much outweighs him being gone on deployments and everything. We also talked about where we would go after San Diego. We just can't afford to stay out here to live. We would love to cause the weather is wonderful. For example it's 72 degrees and sunny at the end of January. Crazy! We want to be able to buy a nice house with land so when we eventually have kids they will have lots of room to play. We think we're going to move to Georgia then. That's still 2 years away, but that's what's probably going to happen for now.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!

1 comment:

Scrapbooking Slide