Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Missing a Few Weeks

Well my family finally left this past Saturday morning. It was such a pleasure having them around but Dave and I were definitely ready to have our house to ourselves again. Unfortunately Dave was going to Washington for work this week. He wasn't supposed to leave until Wednesday. Well those of you who know how the military likes to surprise everyone, he called me while I was at work to let me know they were leaving Tuesday morning instead. We were both pretty sad but he's only going to be gone for 2 weeks and I get to talk to him everyday. Unlike when he was on a submarine and didn't get to talk to him for the longest of 2 months. This is easy compared to his deployments. It is kind of nice having some alone time though. I'm getting to workout everyday, watch what I want to watch and sleep in a nice queen bed without being elbowed and kneed!! I do miss having him brighten my day though. Only 2 weeks, I can do it!!

Well you might know from reading my earlier post but our New Year's Eve was spent relaxing at our house. We got up New Year's Day at 4 to drive to Pasadena for the Rose Bowl game. We were planning on tailgating and wanted to have a good parking spot. We all thought we were going to get in major traffic once up there. We actually didn't hit any problems and were there by 8. The game didn't start until 2:10. We had a lot of time to walk around to experience a bowl game and tailgate. We had such a blast. My uncle is thinking of moving to Cali for a job so he met us at the game while he's here for 2 weeks. It was so nice hanging out with him. Even though Penn State lost to USC, I'm so glad we all got to go. That was one of the best Xmas gifts we all received.

The other exciting news for me is that Dave and I finally purchased a nice big desk. We've been talking about getting one for our downstairs room for the longest time. I wanted to do more scrapbooking but I hated working upstairs when I couldn't talk to Dave. We also wanted to be able to put our computer on the desk. I had thought about getting on from Ikea but Dave hadn't seen it. Plus we wanted to wait until after Xmas and my family left. I finally got to drag Dave out to look at desks this Saturday after we dropped my parents at the airport. He wanted to stop at this Fry's place since we have never been inside and were curious. Just by walking around we found a desk that was exactly what we were looking for and it was cheap!! Unfortunately they only had the one part to it. We went ahead and bought it and are going back to pick up the other section after he comes back on the 20th. Boy was it an experience just the two of us trying to lift it into his Tahoe and out into our house. I still have bruises from moving the box around. That thing was not light. Then we had to build it!! We had a great time working on that together and it came out great. I'm in the process of transferring all of my scrapbooking supplies downstairs so I'll post pictures when it's all clean and organized. I'm hoping to finish up this weekend so I can start working on those scrapbooks!!! I'm very excited about it. Luckily I have Friday off so I'll have lots of time this weekend. I feel like I'm going to get so much more done, but only time will tell.

I got hooked on the Twilight series over the last couple of weeks. I finished Twilight and am almost done with the second one. They are so good and really easy to read. I got my sister hooked so we're going to see the movie this Friday afternoon. We both can't wait!!! I'm going to meet up with a friend, who's boyfriend is in Washington with Dave, to eat dinner Friday night. Saturday I might be going to my brother's roommates bday party. The big 3-0!! Sunday is the big day though. San Diego goes to Pittsburgh for the playoff game. I'm actually dragging myself to the Steeler bar in PB so we better not lose. I'll be so disappointed I don't know what I'll do with myself. Especially living in San Diego, I'll never hear the end. So if I haven't posted Sunday you can imagine what happened. GO STEELERS!!!

2 comments:

  1. You know I have to hope that the Chargers beat the Steelers!! I hope we can still be friends after the game!! (smile) GO CHARGERS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we can still be friends!!!

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide