Monday, August 10, 2009

4D ultrasound

Last night Dave and I took my parents and sister to see little D. We went to a place called Babies First Ultrasound. They perform 4D ultrasounds. It's a very clear picture of your baby compared to the blurry 3D ones. You can see everything with 4D. It was such a neat experience being able to actually see his facial features and everything. We got the basic package so it was a 15 minute ultrasound. I think the lady went longer but we all didn't mind. It was hard for it to end though because I wanted to keep watching him move around and be adorable. He's still breached right now with his head near my belly button. Most of the time his left hand was over part of his face. The craziest thing was his legs were up near his head with his right hand under them up against my wall. That's probably why I feel him ALL the time. The lady kept saying that he's very active and going to be a happy baby because he was smiling throughout the whole scan. I hope that turns out true. My parents had never received ultrasounds with the 4 children they had because nothing was ever wrong with my mom's pregnancy. It was so great that we could give them that experience. They really enjoyed it and kept saying how neat it was. They are going to spoil him so much I know it.

We have 2 of the best pictures that happened in the very beginning and at the very end. As soon as we started the lady made sure the sex. Low and behold there he was the same way he was when we found out the first time he was a boy. His legs wide open with his penis showing. Dave and I couldn't stop laughing. I guess he's not going to be shy about that.


The lady continued to show us different pictures of him. She had me turn on my left side a few times to get some different shots. She was great about answering my parents and sisters questions about what they were seeing. We couldn't see the umbilical cord but she infrared the area to show us where it was. That was pretty cool. Finally she announced that she was going to get one more picture and it turned out to be my favorite. He has a smile with his hands under his chin. It really is just the cutest and I can only imagine the personality he's going to have!!


Dave and I are planning on going back most likely between the 30th and 31st week. The place we went to had a discount to come a second time during the same pregnancy. We can get a longer ultrasound with color pictures and a bunch more things for the same price as our first visit. We just can't turn that down! That will be when he's all chubby and what not too so we're both looking forward to that.

1 comment:

  1. I love the pics!! When he's born you'll notice that a lot of time where they have there hands here is how they tend to sleep! If you remember Mackenzie she always had her hands in her face and that's how she tends to sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide