Monday, August 17, 2009

Weekend Filled with Stuff

I realized that I started writing this post a week ago and never finished. This was 2 weekends ago.

Saturday was my baby shower. My sister was throwing it but I knew most of what was going to happen since she did most of the planning at my place. We had it at The Cottage in La Jolla Saturday at 2:30. It was a restaurant that we got to sit on the patio to eat and celebrate. It was such a beautiful day too that it was the perfect place to have it. The people there were wonderful too. They were sooo helpful and nice. The food was excellent as well. I would definitely recommend that place for a baby shower that's how great it was.

We sat around and mingled while we waited for everyone to get there. We ate a late lunch/early dinner once everyone was there. I had the Cobb salad which was delicious. It seemed like everything everyone ordered was good. After eating the guests decorated bibs that D.J. can wear when he eats. They were all so cute and creative. We played a guessing game that asked how many diapers D.J. will use within the first week. My guess was WAY off but the answer was 56. Hopefully most of those 56 won't be too smelly or nasty. Then I opened gifts. D.J. got clothes (which are just adorable) a bouncer he can sit in while I do some things, a shopping cart cover, babies r us gift cards, blankets, bibs, washcloths, burp clothes, toy rattles. My friend Jodi brought her 8 month old daughter Mackenzie. She made a card from Mackenzie that had her feet prints on the front. It was just the cutest. Afterwards we had some cupcakes that were SOOOO good then hung out some more.

What was so nice was being clear across country from my hometown and still having the best friends to be able to celebrate with. Everyone got D.J. such great gifts. I felt truly blessed to have made those friends. Another nice thing was being able to celebrate with my mom and sister. My sister planned it during the time that my mom was going to be out here. I'm so grateful that she did that because it was very nice having my mom there. I really don't think it couldn't have been any better. I had the best baby shower I could have imagined. Here's a group shot minus 2 guests who left before taking it.



Sunday was a VERY long day. We got up to try to eat breakfast at Cafe 222. We have heard only excellent things about this place. My mom even heard about it in Pittsburgh. Unfortunately there was almost a 2 hour wait so we passed on that. We grabbed some breakfast at Souplantation that was excellent. Probably not as nearly as good as Cafe 222 but it still hit the spot. Afterwards my sister wanted to check out the swap meet for a few things for her new apartment. I wasn't feeling up to walking around in the heat and sun so I spent some time shopping at Target. That was dangerous because all of the baby stuff is just adorable there. After the swap meet we went to check out the Body World at the Natural History Museum. That was such a neat experience because it shows the parts of the body made from real humans. Crazy. Neatest part was getting to see the development of babies during pregnancy. I did tear up reading about how these babies didn't make it to term but it was great to be able to relate to my experience at the moment. Unfortunately you aren't allowed to take any pictures because that would have been great to add to my California scrapbook. I did get two outside in front of the sign though.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide