Last week was a very exciting week for us. D.J started smiling nonstop!! It truly is the cutest thing every time he does it. He's started making all kinds of noises too. He does it a lot when we copy him, he tries to copy us back. He also seems to make noises whenever we aren't paying him any attention. It's funny how he's learned some of these things already. He's soothing himself more and more with his hands. He pretty much eats his whole fist but it seems to work when he's upset. He's doing great and we've had a great week together.
I started making new recipes for dinner this week. I'm not a huge cooker so this is pretty big for me! Monday I made beef enchiladas and they were delicious. A definite recipe I will make again. Tuesday I made this chicken casserole which is another keeper. Wednesday was a beef mac and cheese dish. I need to change this one a little when I make again. Thursday we did a Digornio pizza. Friday I made lasagna and garlic bread. All of these are new recipes for me and will definitely make all of them again. I have enjoyed staying at home so I can do stuff like this. Usually I'm so tired from working that I just want to do something quick and simple for dinner. It makes me feel good that I can do something for Dave when he gets home from work. I know he's appreciating and liking the homemade dinners because he's taking them for lunches. He LOVED the enchiladas the best.
Dinners for this week: Chicken and biscuits, chicken fajitas, pasta roll ups, spaghetti and meatballs and some kind of hot dog dish. I'll let you know how they are next week! If anyone has any good chicken or beef recipes let me know.
This weekend my friend Jodi came to visit with her daughter Mackenzie. I haven't really seen her since DJ was born. It was so nice of them to come visit. Whenever I've seen them, Mackenzie was pretty clingy with Jodi. She was that way at first but eventually started opening up to us and playing. It was really neat to see her playing. She kept looking at DJ and trying to give him her books. It seemed like she was trying to figure out why he wasn't talking, walking or playing with her. DJ slept through most of the visit. It will be great when he's a little older and can somewhat play with her. It was such a great time catching up with Jodi. If we transfer from here, I will miss her so much.
I am starting my walking routine everyday with DJ this week. I am going to just take him for at least 1/2 hour walk around our apartment complex. I need to get myself back into exercising and this seems like a perfect way. Hopefully the rain stays away so I can keep it up. I am hoping to get together this weekend with the family I used to nanny. I haven't seen them since November and really want to see how much Hayden has changed. They need to meet DJ as well.
I have been doing some research about what I could do to make some extra money without having to go back to "work." I found this online scrapbooking store that you can become a demonstrator to host workshops and sell their products. I would receive a commission from my sales. I'm going to meet with this lady who does this so I can learn some more about the program. I'm hoping it works out because we wouldn't have to put DJ into daycare and I could still make money. I'm meeting her Friday afternoon so I will update how that goes next week. Keep your fingers crossed for me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment