Thursday, February 4, 2010

2 Month Check Up

DJ had his 2 month check up yesterday. His height is 23in, which is 50%. His weight is 8lbs 12oz which is 5%. The doctor is a little concerned about his weight since it is pretty low. She said it's good that he's grown cause that would make his low weight even more of a concern. We have to go back in a month to check his weight again. If she isn't happy with the amount, he's going to have to get blood work done. So I'm hoping we don't have to go through any of that. I am going to be making a conscience effort to feed him as many times throughout the day that I can. He's normal day schedule is eating every 3 hours. He's been sleeping through the night after his late night feeding. His last feeding has been usually between 11 and 12 and then he will sleep until between 7 and 8. I'm going to be getting him up at 7 and his last feeding will be between 12 and 1 now. This will allow him an extra feeding each day. Hopefully that will help his weight.

The rest of his check up went great. The doc said he's looking good. It was his first batch of shots. I know I was definitely not looking forward to this. He had to swallow one. The nurse said it was like sugar water. He did fine with that. Next came the needles. Dave held his legs while I held his upper body. The first one he started crying but not an ear piercing cry like I thought. The nurse was great and did the shots really quick. I didn't watch because I didn't want to jump while I was holding him. He only cried while the shots were given to him. I was soooo happy and impressed. The rest of the day he was a little tired and had a slight fever but he was still his normal, happy self. That makes me feel so much better because he gets shots every time we go for the next couple of appointments. I won't be as nervous taking him for his 4 month check up and shots.

We have been so lucky with DJ. I hope everything continues to go as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide