Monday, February 8, 2010

Super Bowl Weekend

The rest of the week was spent hanging as a family. DJ had a slight fever Thursday and Friday from his shots so we didn't want to do much. He really wasn't cranky but we still wanted to take it easy. We watched a bunch of movies. We have Netflix and haven't been using it much since DJ's been born. I finally got motivated to redo our queue with the new releases we wanted to see. Most of the movies we had seen on TV. Friday we watched Adventureland. This movie is based in Pittsburgh at our theme park Kennywood. It was an ok movie, just neat to see a place we went to every summer growing up. Saturday we watched the new Indiana Jones and Curious Case of Benjamin Button. Both were good. Benjamin Button movie was just a neat concept, a little slow at times though. I am ordering chick flicks for this upcoming week, so hopefully Dave doesn't mind. :)

Friday we got lots of rain. Dave had a surprised planned Saturday but since it was still raining he didn't want to do it. He wouldn't tell me because he wants to do it another weekend. Since the rain stopped somewhat in the afternoon, we drove down to the outlets. Dave needed some new shoes and jeans. I didn't mind at all because I LOVE the outlets. We were also looking for warm, winter clothes for DJ for when we fly to Pittsburgh in March. I ended up finding a pair of jeans for myself. I have been trying not to buy anything until I lose this baby weight. The problem is I'm in a weird stage right now. Neither my pregnancy or before baby stuff fits very well. I hated buying the jeans because I don't want to stay at this weight, but I need something I can wear when I do go out. Dave found a pair of shoes but no jeans. We found a few pants for DJ. He's just so skinny that most of the clothes are too big for him. He's also tall so we have to put him in a bigger size which makes them too big. There were a bunch of things at the Carter outlet but Dave wanted to check the other stores first. It started down pouring so we didn't get a chance to go back to Carter's. Luckily my mom wants to go down when she comes out at the end of February, so hopefully they still have some of their winter stuff left.

Today was the Super Bowl. DJ woke up with a slight fever so we didn't do anything for it. I did get a chance to run out and get my eye brows waxed. I needed to get them done sooo bad. They haven't been waxed since November, so they were out of control. I feel so much better now that they are waxed! I also need my haircut, but I'm going to wait until we go home to Pittsburgh. I want to grow my hair out and I have a stylist who I feel confident will give me a cute haircut to allow me to start growing it.
I was very happy to see the Saints win. I think they deserved to win. I never thought I would be happy for another team winning the Super Bowl when it's not the Steelers. We had some delicious nachos and some desserts. It was nice having an excuse to eat junk! Back to taking our walk everyday tomorrow.

I received my starter kit for my company on Friday. I have been going through all of the supplies and organizing everything. I am hosting a party Feb. 28 where the guests are going to make a card. I'm still trying to figure out what that will be. I am going to a demonstrator meeting on Wednesday night. I'm going to participate in the card swap so I will have some great ideas after then. I am really looking forward to meeting local demonstrators and to hear how to grow my business some more. I just ordered business cards, address labels and a few other things to help with my business. I have also begun joining some local groups on this website meetup.com. They are local crafting groups that I'm hoping I will meet others who want to learn some new techniques from me and hopefully order supplies. I'm debating on making my own group but there's a monthly fee that I'm not sure is going to be worth paying. There's a money back guarantee after your first month if it doesn't work. I might try it just to see. I can also write it off on my taxes next year so we'll see. If I do make a group, I will post the name so you can join if you are interested.

I don't have much planned for this week. I plan on taking DJ for a walk everyday. Wednesday night I will get some time for myself when I go to that meeting. I am definitely looking forward to that! I hope to get some crafting done this week as well. I need to start using my new supplies. Check my other blog this week for pictures and updates about what I do with my company. Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide