Thursday, February 25, 2010

It's Been Too Long

I just realized that it's been over 2 1/2 weeks since my last post. Where does time go sometimes? The problem I'm having is that I'm writing 2 blogs; this personal one and my business one. If you haven't seen it, check it out and follow me please! I have been trying to get my business up and running so I'm putting in more time with that. I am going to try to stop neglecting my followers to this blog and update more often.

Well since my last post I went to the demonstrator meeting and met some wonderful ladies. This is another reason I am really looking forward to this business opportunity. Being a military wife requires us to move around and lose those great friends we meet while stationed there. I'm hoping this will help me meet some great friends where ever we go! I had the best time at the meeting and I got to use our great products that we sell. They are meeting again March 9th, but that's when we fly to Pittsburgh so I'm a little disappointed I'm going to miss it. If you want to see the projects we made, check my other blog.

In my last post I talked about joining some meet up groups out here. Well, I haven't been able to attend any of the get togethers yet. I am going to try to go to one with other moms of infants and toddlers next Wednesday. That's DJ's appointment but I should have enough time to do both. At least I'm hoping cause it would be great to mingle with other adults. It's been awhile since I've had that now that I'm not working.

DJ turned 3 months yesterday and I cannot believe it! He has changed sooo much too.

He discovered his hands last week and spends most of the time staring at them. He usually keeps is right fist next to his face and extends his left fist in front of his face to look at.

He is also discovering that he can grasp things and make them move when he pushes on them. He is also getting really good at holding his head up when he's on his belly.

I saw him flip over on his own on Tuesday, but it was by complete accident and it scared him to death. It happened so fast, I don't think he even realized what he did.

I had another bad case of it hurting when he was breastfeeding. I went to the doctor Feb. 12. She diagnosed me with thrush, which is yeast on the breast. I was prescribed a cream to apply 4 times a day and an oral med for DJ to take 4 times as well. I continued to breastfeed over the weekend and it was not getting any better. When the doctor called Tuesday to check up on me, she recommended me getting in to see the breastfeeding consultant. They weren't able to get me in until Thursday. (that's another post that I could complain about the military) The lady was great though and thinks it's either thrush, an allergic reaction or worst case breast cancer. She prescribed me with an anti fungal to take for 2 weeks. I also got my blood drawn to check my liver. It's been a week and things seem to be clearing up. I go back to see the doctor next Thursday so hopefully things are all better by then and it's nothing more serious.

But since all of this happened, Dave and I decided to put him on some formula. Over the weekend, DJ wasn't eating very much at all. I think my milk was being affected. We also weren't comfortable giving him the medicine for himself 4 times a day. I didn't want to keep breastfeeding with all that was going on with me. We decided to just pump and give him formula when there wasn't enough breast milk. Since then, DJ has been doing great. He drinks from a bottle with no problem. It has made life a lot easier for us too. I can completely understand why people chose formula over breastfeeding. I am glad that I did it as long as I did. I am a little disappointed the way I had to stop. I just think this is the best thing for us though. I'm still pumping so he's still getting the benefits of the breast milk. I'm just not putting him to my breast anymore. I didn't want to be in pain anymore.

What's crazy is the way his poop has changed since drinking formula. What a different color, texture and smell. His farts can stink up a whole room too. Yuck and I'm not going to say anything more!

My mom is out for the next 2 weeks. She leaves March 6th and we fly home to Pittsburgh March 9th. She is going to have a lot of time with DJ. She loves it of course. We are loving it too because Dave and I actually have a babysitter to go have a date night. We are both very excited about that! My brother and sister are happy too because they want to take us drinking one night too! I have a feeling this weekend is going to be trouble! :)

Sunday I am having our first party to introduce some of my girlfriends to my supplies. I am soooo excited to see the girls and show them what I have to offer. If you want to see the projects we are making, check my other blog. I am hoping to have pictures up today.

1 comment:

Scrapbooking Slide