I just looked back at my blog to see the last time I even wrote about the boys and it was about Cameron's birth story. That is 6 months ago already! I cannot believe how neglected this blog is. I vow not to allow it to get so outdated again now that I'm working in an office with a computer.
Anyways, Cameron is now 6 months old! I cannot believe it. I think your second one seems to grow a lot faster because you aren't paying attention to every little thing like you did with your first child. I'll just give a little update of everything he is able to do at this point since there's way too much to back track on.
First thing first, at his last appointment (which should have been his 4 month old, he was 5 months old since we are still trying to catch him up with the move and everything) he weighed about 18 pounds and measured 32 in. He's in the 90th percentile for his age. I need to make an appointment for his 6 month so we can be all caught up so I'm dying to see his height and weight now because he's definitely grown more. As from my previous post, he wears 9-12 month clothes already. He's just a big boy. The nice thing is that he's developing right on schedule regardless of how big he is. Speaking of, I need to make that appointment so I'm doing that as I write! He can do everything a 6 month baby can do. He sits up for long periods of time. He rolls from belly to back and back to belly with no problems. He holds and plays with things in his hands. Most everything goes in his mouth while he's playing with it. He holds and drinks the bottle all on his own. He's eating rice cereal, peas and green beans. We waited a little bit to start food because he is such a big boy, but the way he stares at us eating is why we started him. He loved the peas but is working on liking green beans. He's got the concept of eating down pat though. I will be surprised if there's anything that he absolutely refuses the way he looks like he wants to eat everything when we are eating! He has 2 bottom teeth. I swear he's teething more but nothing has popped through yet. He absolutely loves D.J. Anytime D.J. is playing near Cameron, he will just light up and start giggling. I think sometimes he gets mad that he can't run around with D.J. so I would imagine he's going to walk at an early age so he can play with D.J. He has such a great personality though. He's just like D.J. being a happy boy 98% of the day. He smiles and laughs all the time. The best thing is that he "talks" all the time. He is constantly making noises while he's awake (and sometimes while he's sleeping too) I swear he's going to be talking before D.J. I have to admit that I have been blessed double time with our boys. Both of them have been such a pleasure raising because they are so easy going. The other great thing is that Cameron is sleeping through the night and has been since 4 months old. I didn't have to worry about weaning him off a night bottle or anything, just slept through on his own one night. He's such a great kid and it's been a great 6 months!
D.J. is 21 months old now. He is starting to act like a 2 year old with thinking he knows what he wants. I wouldn't say he's throwing tantrums, but he will get upset when he doesn't get his way. So we are working on making transitions for him better. He is still a pro at running, jumping, throwing and kicking. He loves anything to do with sports and playing outside. He's such a quick learner that all we have to do is show/explain once and he can figure it out on his own. It's really neat to sit back and watch him play on his own. He has become obsessed with The Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. He seems to like Mickey and Goofy. Not sure why Goofy but I think it's because he can say his name. He loves to watch the show and dance to the music. It's too cute to watch him do "Oh Toodles!" He puts his hands over his mouth like he's calling it. So far we are thinking that's going to be our theme for his 2nd birthday. He loves playing with cars, trucks, trains, motorcycles...pretty much anything with wheels. I would say he's a typical growing boy with his likes and interests.
The only delay we have noticed is his speech. He has a few words but isn't really forming too many. So our doctor has referred us to a specialist who recommended early intervention for him. Early intervention is offered free in PA so we are definitely trying to take advantage of that. We just had a lady come to our house today to explain the program to us, sign papers and get 2 dates that an evaluator could come to our house to evaluate D.J. If he qualifies than he will see a specialist to help work on his delay. I'm thinking he will only because he is having such a hard time forming words. He definitely tries to talk but everything sounds the same. It doesn't seem to bother D.J. too much since he pretty much can point to what he wants. I have noticed some times when we aren't understanding and he will get frustrated. I hate not knowing what he wants. Sometimes I feel like I've failed because this is my specialty and it's my own son who has a problem that I can't figure out how to help him. The doctor keeps reassuring me that this is VERY common in kids his age, especially with how advance he is physically. So we are in the process of hopefully getting help for that. Other than that, he's still just a happy go lucky boy. He makes me and Dave laugh all the time. He's such a sweetheart too. He absolutely loves Cameron and gives him hugs and kisses daily. He gets really excited to see Cameron. Those 2 are definitely going to be best buds.
Well that seems about it for now. I will make sure to update a lot sooner when anything changes with either one of them. I hated not blogging because this is also a way for me to keep track when everything happened. So I'm happy to be back at it daily. Tomorrow's post (as long as I have a few minutes) will be about what's been going on in mine and Dave's lives since there have been a few BIG changes for the both of us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment