I'm not sure who all reads this so I don't want to put my foot in my mouth. All I want to say is that Dave's mom didn't take it well that we were asking her to stay in a hotel room when the baby is born. She thought she was going to be able to come out for Thanksgiving and stay with us through Christmas without even asking. Dave asked her if she comes for the birth to stay in a hotel or wait until Christmas to stay with us. She threw a fit and caused a lot of drama last night. She said some really mean things about me that are still hurting today. I have the best husband though and he didn't want to hear his mom talk about me like that and isn't on speaking terms with her now. The sad part is that Dave and I already talked about paying for her hotel room so she can be out here for the birth. I guess that didn't matter though cause she said that she will just see her grandchild whenever we make it back to Pittsburgh.
I don't know what to do about her. She is a big part of Dave but continues to try to come between us. It will truly hurt Dave if he doesn't have his mom out here when his son is born. Is it too much to ask for her to stay in a hotel though??
The other thing she was pissed about is the baby shower. My sister and I haven't even planned anything yet. All we know is that it will probably be within the first 2weeks of Aug. Dave's mom thinks that we are trying to exclude her in the planning of that like she thinks we did for the wedding (which is another post entirely). What can she do from Pittsburgh though and we haven't even started planning. It's just so frustrating cause we never know what she's going to be like when we talk to her.
She just doesn't understand how much we try to do for her. Dave and I talked about flying her out for the shower and 4D ultrasound we want to do then too. But again she didn't care to listen to us. She just feels like I'm the cause of all of this but doesn't realize that this is how both of us feel. We would like to begin our family with as little drama as possible when he first comes home. I just had to vent a little of the story even though there is plenty more. I'm sure this won't be the only time I have to vent about her either.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



It's never easy trying to make everyone happy, and in the end Brittny you have to worry about yourself and the baby. If you end up getting stressed out it's only going to affect the baby. Your mother-in-law is a grown woman. I think she thinks that if she creates all this drama and plays the "poor me" card then everyone is going to feel sorry for her and she's going to get her own way. She can't keep treating people that way and expect to still be included in all the good times.
ReplyDeleteThe arrival of the baby is a crazy time...I would re-offer your conditions to her and if she still wants to be a child about it, then you have to let her be...in the end she'll only be hurting herself because she won't get to see her grandson.
Keep your chin up Brittny and try not to stress about it!
I'm sorry Brittny, it is a crappy thing to have to deal with. My Mom flipped also. I was soo upset and Wayne was furious that she was so rude to me and go me upset while I was already in a crazy emotional state (being pregnant). She called us selfish and inconsiderate, I cried my eyes out. Thank god she finally accepted it and realized it was for the best, it took her a few days but she came around. It is hard to please everyone. I hope she comes around for your sake. This is a happy time, time to celebrate so she needs to get over herself and respect your wishes.
ReplyDelete