Wednesday, July 1, 2009

MIA

I just looked at my blog and realized that I haven't posted anything in FOREVER. I just don't seem to want to be on the computer when I get home from work nowadays. I was finally able to connect to the families internet at work so I'm hoping to be able to post a lot more now.

So much has happened I'm not sure where to start and if I even remember all of it. The past week and a half my mom was out visiting. We had such a good time. The first day she was out I was lucky enough to have a Tuesday off so my sister and I took her to the Aquarium. None of us had ever been so we thought it was a perfect place to go. It was really neat. The best part is there is a huge tank with all different kinds of fish. The day we were there they had divers go in the tank to clean and feed the fish. I have some really neat pictures from the day and hope to post them soon. My brother, Dave and I also took my mom to the San Diego county fair. We all enjoyed walking around and eating all the crazy stuff you can there. Dave tried a fried snickers that was pretty good. I could only eat 2 bites because it was too sweet for me. It was sad to see my mom leave but she already has plans to be out here Aug 4-24. I'm hoping my dad can make it out with her this time.

The most exciting news that we received on Saturday is we are having a baby boy!! We had an ultrasound only for that reason. Dave and I were both pretty nervous to find out. We both really wanted to have a boy and seemed scared about having a girl. Dave because he didn't want to think about dealing with her dating when she's older. Me only because I felt like I would have to teach and show her sooo many things that I learned on my own. My mom was never the best at telling us certain things about being a girl. But we don't have to worry about that because it's a boy!! That seemed to make this pregnancy A LOT more real to us.

Speaking of the pregnancy I couldn't be happier with it. I have had a pretty good one so far and hoping things continue like they are. I haven't taken a picture but I am definitely showing. I had to go out a few weekends ago to get maternity clothes. They are very cute and EXTREMELY comfortable. I joke with Dave that I could wear these clothes all the time even not pregnant. We have another appointment July 10th so hopefully everything continues to go as smooth with me and the baby.

Dave's one friend from his old sub is staying with us for a month while he takes a class here. I'm sure there will be plenty of things going on while he's here. We haven't decided on the plans for the 4th of July weekend yet. My brother mentioned having people over so if so we'll most likely be there. I'm thinking of taking a few trips to the pool while the weather has been pretty warm. Warm at least for San Diego ;) I hope everyone has a good and safe holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide