So we went to our appointment and everything is great. The baby is developing right along schedule. It was a very short appointment but kind of annoying. Let me explain why. First off going through the military you have to check in 15 minutes early. I'm totally fine with that but they don't take you back until your appointment time. Then, the last 3 appointments we've had, we've been put in a room and had to sit at least 15 more minutes before the midwife comes in to see me. The midwife comes in and does her thing then we wait for a nurse to come schedule our next appointment. Sometimes they come in right away. Yesterday we sat for another 15 minutes before she stuck her head in to say she forgot about us and will be back in a few more minutes. We were there for an hour when the appointment took 15 minutes. Very frustrating.
The other thing that bothered me about yesterdays appointment was the midwife I saw. Each time I've gone, I had a different lady. It's just worked out that way because I need the Friday's I have off and sometimes the same one isn't available. The first two midwives we've seen were great. I had such wonderful experiences with them. Well, this one was horrible. She was very quick and short with me. She wasn't very friendly at all. She even called me fat!! How do you call a pregnant lady fat??? Ok, maybe she didn't say those words but sure felt like it. I know I gained a little bit of weight but I'm not too worried. Dave is back on weight watchers which means we are back to eating healthy. I definitely wasn't doing a good job of that so I wasn't surprised I was a few pounds over the recommendation. But the way the midwife approached the subject was not very nice. She asked me if I exercise. I told her that I take the boy I nanny for a walk everyday. She says that's not exercise, maybe for the boy but not for me. I try to explain that I push him in the stroller but she still said that wasn't exercise. I'm sorry but if you've ever pushed a 20 pound baby in a stroller up and down hills for a half hour, you know that it is exercise. That just made me angry and want the appointment to be over. So I definitely will be requesting not to see her again.
Ready for our appointment...do I look fat???
Our boy is developing right on schedule. My blood work for diabetes came back normal so that made me very happy. I was a little concerned that I haven't felt any kind of movement but after looking at the paperwork from our last ultrasound she said that my placenta is in front acting like a cushion. She checked his heartbeat and had to actually push on my belly because he was moving around so much. She couldn't get the heartbeat because of his movements. So he's definitely an active baby. I should start feeling him move within the month. That gave me a sigh of relief too. I go back for another appointment in a month.
After our appointment my sister came over. It was great to spend some time with her because she's been in Pittsburgh for 2 weeks. She is going to be gone for another week starting today so it was great to spend the night with her. When my mom was out she really liked the place we are living in. She had been thinking about having my sister get a 2 bedroom apartment so she would be able to come out anytime she wants to see her grandson. So yesterday I took her to the leasing office to see if there were any places that she liked. She ended up finding a 2 bedroom townhouse that she liked. She is going to move in Aug 18th. It's great that my parents will have somewhere else to stay when they come out once the baby is here!! After that LONG process, we just hung at the apartment chit chatting. Dave and I have been wanting to go to the drive in for a few weeks now but just haven't. We all decided that it would be a great idea last night. They were showing Public Enemies and The Hangover together. Both of those movies Dave wanted to see so we went. We all had the best time. We opened Dave's Tahoe trunk and used it as a bed to watch the movies. It was very comfortable. I kept saying that I can't believe we just saw 2 new releases for $14 for Dave and me. It would cost us more for the two of us at the theater to see just one of those movies. We are definitely going to go back. Cheap and a fun time, can't go wrong with that.
Not sure what the rest of the weekend entails but it was a great start!!



You don't look fat at all!! I had a great midwife there till she deployed and then I had my diabetes thing! There was one called Kate Bell (she's an older lady) that I went to see after Mackenzie was born and she kept me waiting (with the baby) for over an hour!! Thank goodness Mackenzie slept through the entire trip!
ReplyDeleteAlso remember from my experience I had no idea who the doctor was that delivered Mackenzie, so prepare yourself for that!
You look great!! :)