Monday, February 16, 2009

Not So Good News

Dave's mom had the procedure down today but it didn't turn out like we thought. The doctors said that she is a lot worse than they thought. They need to do another surgery because of it. She is going to have a bypass in her legs and stomach. There are two complications with this surgery though. The first thing is she is on a blood thinner medication which will cause her to lose a lot of blood during the surgery. The other thing is that her arteries are the size of her veins when they are supposed to be 3 times as large. The arteries they are going to try to put into her body are much bigger than what she's used to. The thing is that her body might not accept the new arteries. If that's the case then she won't make it through the surgery. I cannot believe this is happening. I know she's a strong lady and seems to make it through a lot of hard times but I'm still shocked it is this bad. The doctor told Dave they have no clue if she'll make it or not because they will just have to wait to see if her body takes the arteries. I was totally not expecting this news when I talked to Dave today. She is going to be getting the surgery Thursday so Dave is staying until Sunday now. That's as long as everything goes well. If it doesn't then I will be flying home Thursday night. Luckily I have Friday off but I hope it doesn't come to that. So it's been a pretty emotional Monday finding out about his mom and knowing he's not coming home on Wednesday either. I just miss having him around so much. I will let you know any updates when I find out.

2 comments:

  1. Wow Brittny, that sounds really serious. My thoughts are with you both. I'm here if you need me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about this. I hope that everything turns out well. I will be praying for her. Let me know if you need anything

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide