Well I haven't had time to update about Dave's mom and had a few minutes before crashing in to bed tonight. Dave's moms surgery last Thursday ended up going well. She had a triple bypass in her arteries. She had one in her stomach and both groins replaced with artificial ones. The scariest thing was seeing the doctor walk out after the surgery. He came out with his head down and an unpleasant look on his face. We all just froze but then he shrugs and says it went well...just like it was planned. After hearing that we could all breathe. The rest of the time home was spent driving back and forth to the hospital to visit. She was in ICU until Saturday afternoon. That means we were only allowed to visit 3 times a day for 30 minutes. We were very happy when she got moved to a regular room that we could visit whenever we wanted for however long we wanted. It was crazy how different she looked the day after her surgery. The color came back into her face and she already had feeling in her legs and feet. What a difference something can make. I just hope that she does what she's supposed to. She promises that she's not going to smoke anymore cause she can't keep doing this to herself and us. I REALLY hope she remembers all of this whenever she is dying for a cigarette. She also needs to eat healthy and exercise. The doctors told her that she has small organs and when she eats unhealthy it takes her body even more to break it down. That's why she has to take extra care of herself. She was released from the hospital Monday and has been trying to recover at home.
The only thing to note while I was home is that I got my haircut. Actually I should say I got it chopped. I have been wanting to get my hair cut short for awhile now. The problem is that I don't trust anyone out here to cut it. Since I had sometime while I was home and I know my sisters friend will do a great job cutting my hair I decided to do it. I ended up getting 10 inches cut and donated it. I couldn't believe how long my hair actually was. It is very hard to get used to not having much hair but I am slowly starting to love it. Dave seems to really like it which makes it easier for me to adjust. I will try to get a picture up of my new do but need to catch up on some sleep since I didn't get much this past week.
It feels good to be back in San Diego and this beautiful weather. I was home when it was 20 and snowy. I definitely don't miss that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment