Monday, September 21, 2009
Katie's Visit
This past weekend my friend Katie came to visit from D.C. She flew in Wednesday night. It was her bday so we took her to Cheesecake Factory for dinner. I tried to get Thursday off but the mom wasn't able to take off. I felt bad but she was fine with just relaxing around the apartment. After work we took her to get the famous fish tacos at South Beach Bar and Grill. She absolutely loved them. The entire weekend she kept talking about them. It was pretty funny. She's now going to try to make them at home. We went out in PB for a few drinks and to hang out. We came home to rock out on Guitar Hero. Dave had Friday off so we decided to go to the beach Friday afternoon. It was hazy when we first got there but cleared up. We were there for quite a while so needless to say we all got a little burnt. After we went to the Wave House in Ocean Beach. It's a bar that has a man made wave that you watch people surf on. It's a really neat atmosphere to get some food and drinks. We were pretty wiped from the day so we watched a movie and took naps. Friday we met with Katie's college friend for dinner. Saturday we just relaxed at the apartment. Saturday night Dave's friend from work was ordering the Mayweather boxing match so we went over there to watch it. After there were a bunch of beer pong games and card games. I had to pull the pregnant wife card to get Dave to finally leave around 1 am. Even though I was sober it was still a lot of fun. Katie had a blast so that helped too. She left Sunday afternoon and it was very hard to see her go. She's one of those friends that nothing changes between us no matter how much time has gone by. I love her to death and wish we could see each other more often. I am so grateful that she was able to come out here. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment