Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Long Weekend

I absolutely loved being off for 4 days. It felt like a mini vacation that's how nice it was. Friday was our 28 week appointment. Things were just as quick as my previous appointments. Only difference was I had to do the glucose test for diabetes. If I don't get a call this week then it meant that everything is looking good. I go back in 4 more weeks, making me 32 weeks. Crazy how fast this is going at times. Friday night my sis came over and her and Dave tried to drink 2 cases. It was pretty funny watching them. I definitely miss drinking at times like that but it's definitely entertaining being sober. I think they ended up only drinking one case and they were feeling it.

Saturday I was motivated to clean. My friend is flying in next week so I wanted to get the bathroom and bedroom cleaned up. I still had all of our presents from the baby shower in a pile. After cleaning the bathroom I started organizing and putting the gifts away. Since some of the stuff needed to be put together, Dave was my assembly man! He put together the pack and play and bouncer seat. Once all of that was done, we headed over to my sister's place. We watched some tv and hung out. You know what happened from my previous post when we got home Saturday night.

Sunday Dave and I ran out to Babies R Us for some baby shopping. I had a bunch of coupons that needed to be used before next week. We ended up using our gift cards to get the majority of things that were left to buy. We only have a few more items to get. It feels good knowing that we are almost ready for D.J. to come!! Since I didn't get much sleep I was pretty warn out after we got home. I took a pretty long nap. Once I woke up I completed one scrapbook page then got ready to go to the drive in. We have been wanting to go back but either didn't have the time or there wasn't a movie we wanted to see. We had both wanted to see Halloween 2 since it came out. That was with District 9 that Dave heard was pretty good. We were both very glad to be at the drive in to see Halloween because there were parts that were hard to see what was happening that we didn't want to see. I probably would have been covering my eyes if I could see it. It was a good movie but a twisted Rob Zombie movie if you know what I'm talking about. He just has some very weird parts to his movies that you aren't sure what's going on at times. District 9 was not very good though. It was just a weird concept that Dave and I couldn't get into. But spending $14 for both of us to see those movies was definitely worth it. I love the drive in. We're going to try to take advantage as much as possible before D.J. comes.

Monday we went to my sis's place to hang out. She made her delicious taco dip. My mouth is watering just thinking about it now. We played cards then watched the college football game. My brother came over for dinner. It was just a nice, relaxing Labor Day. It was tough knowing my long weekend was coming to an end though.

What to look forward to this short week....Steelers season opening game this Thursday against the Titans. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide