Monday, September 14, 2009

Not Much New

Well we didn't do much this past week/weekend. It was very tough to go back to work after the 4 day weekend. Luckily Hayden was great and made the week fly by. They built his toddler bed and it's just the cutest thing to see him crawl into it and go to sleep on his own. I can't believe how big and grown he is getting. I really do hope I am able to come back come January. They are in the process of looking for a replacement for Nov and Dec. They are just not sure if they will find someone as qualified as I am to only work 2 months. They have mentioned that if they find someone who wants to be here longer than they will have to offer it to that person. :( Which means I have no clue what I will do for a job. I have thought about going back to a preschool where some of my previous coworkers are now working. I would be able to collect unemployment if I do that when we transfer from here between June and August. I am just waiting to hear from the family to see what they find before I try to stress myself out too much.

Thursday was the Steelers home opener against Tennessee. I felt like it was a playoff game though how close and nerve racking it was. I felt so bad for D.J. My heart was pounding and I was nervous pretty much the whole game. He just kept moving throughout the whole game because of that. It's going to be a long last 3 months of this pregnancy if the Steelers games continue to be like that. We ended up winning in overtime by a field goal so that made us very happy! :)

Friday Dave and I just hung out at the apartment and caught up on some tv. We want to have the dvr mostly cleared since a lot of our shows are coming back this month. I am very excited that most of the fall seasons are starting this week or next!! Back to having at least 2 shows to watch a night. One bad thing about that is it will take away my time to scrapbook. I'm still trying to finish our cross country album. ugh, it's like never ending. Saturday Dave and I went to this baby safety meeting in the morning. It was good but ended up being a guy trying to sell a crib and high chair from this company that doesn't sell things in stores. I was definitely ready for it to be over after about an hour. We did get 6 free photo shoots at sears to use when D.J. is here and these codes to get a free vacation and groceries. That was definitely worth the time. Dave is a huge Notre Dame fan so we had to get home to watch them lose to Michigan which made him very upset. I guess to clear his head he wanted to go shopping. We went down to the Exchange and bought a few more baby things since they were having a big baby sale. Saturday night my sis came over and drank with Dave while we watched Fight Club. Sunday was spent watching football at my sisters place. She bought the Sunday ticket through directv. We had another couple over to watch the games. We had so much fun watching the games and hanging out. They are one of the couples that we always have fun with when we hang out. I just couldn't believe how quickly the weekend went though. I felt like we really didn't even have one since we didn't do much.

My friend flies in Wednesday night so we are taking the next 2 nights to make sure the place is clean and ready for a visitor. I am so excited to see her. I haven't seen her for over 2 years. Luckily I have Friday off so we'll probably spend the day at the beach. Saturday night is the Mayweather fight that Dave wants to see and a friend from work is buying it so we're going there. Not sure what the plans are for the rest of the time she's out here. It will just be so nice seeing her again.

Last thing is I just saw the newest trailer of New Moon and wanted to share it with you. It looks soooo good. Unfortunately the movie comes out 6 days before my due date. I wasn't going to go being so close but after seeing this trailer I might just have to. I cannot wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide