Sunday, October 26, 2008

Good Week

This was a pretty good week. Hayden is finally back to his happy, cute self. He started eating rice cereal for a meal. His face is just the funniest thing I have seen a kid make when eating. His face for the first bite looks like it's the worst thing he has ever tasted. He must like it though cause he opens his mouth for more. I crack up every time I feed him. He has just been so cute this week, making me laugh and enjoy taking care of him so much.
I tried the Souplantation for the first time on Thursday. We got a coupon for a free dinner in the mail and I've always wanted to try it out so Dave said we could this week. It wasn't too bad, but not my favorite. It was a neat concept with it being a buffet style with different soups, breads and pastas. We'll probably take my parents when they come out for Xmas cause my mom would love it. She loves those buffets with soups and salads.

Friday, Dave and I decided we were going to do dinner and a movie since we haven't done that in forever. Since receiving my new job and getting paid more we have been able to get back to doing things. We were struggling awhile with money and felt we needed to save money and not go out as much as before. Dave made reservations for Buca Di Beppo. He is the best when it comes to making decisions and doing nice things for me. I told him earlier that day to choose where we would go. I didn't realize he was going to choose some where and make a reservation so we wouldn't have to wait. I love him so much for the things he does for me. Anyways, dinner was delicious of salad, lasagna and garlic bread. After, we wanted to see Saw 5. Actually I requested it since we had seen all 4, I needed to see how it was going to end. It was such a good movie, but I'm not sure it's over yet!! The way the movie ends makes me wonder if they're going to make another one. Why can't it just end??? It was such a nice date night for us.

Saturday morning I wanted to go to Joann Fabrics since they were having a HUGE sale. Dave went with me cause we were going to look at their Halloween decorations together. (Another reason he's the best husband) I swear the entire store was on sale. I was in heaven to say the least. Of course I bought some more scrapbooking supplies. Now I just need Xmas to come around so I can get my new table. Dave promised me that we would get a nice table that the computer and my scrapbooking can go on. There wasn't much to choose from for Halloween since the sale was going on all week. Now I know when Joann does sales like that to go during the week. Here are the pictures of the things we bought and our outside decorated. I'm going to get a lot more to decorate for next year after Halloween when the stores put everything on sale.

I couldn't stop cracking up with Dave in this mask when he found me. I just had to take a picture.

Ghost hanging on the front door.

I thought this was a cute sign.



Window clings


Our small amount of Halloween decorating.


Hayden's parents asked me if I would babysit so they could have a date night on Saturday. Unfortunately it landed right in the middle of the second half of the Penn State game. I was hoping that the game was a blow out so I wouldn't mind leaving. Luckily, the parents said that I was more than welcome to hang out with Hayden with the game on. I'm so glad I was able to watch cause Penn State ended up pulling the win off at the end!! It was an incredible game to watch. We are hoping that they stay third so they go to the Rose Bowl and we can go watch them play in Pasadena. After that win though they have a good chance if they don't lose to play for the national championship in Florida. I'd be happy with either.

So babysitting Hayden was fun. When I got there, mom showed me that his first tooth was poking through!! The reason why he is the best kid to watch is cause most kids would be hurting from that but he didn't even cry at all this week from the pain. The mom said she only noticed cause she saw something white when he laughed. She had to run her hand over it to make sure it wasn't something just in his mouth. He is the best!! I tortured him by putting him in his Halloween costume though. His mom bought a dalmatian costume. I hadn't seen him in it so I just had to. Surprisingly he didn't mind it at all when I had him in the costume. Their dog was pretty freaked out by him dressed up though. He kept running up to the couch then running away. Check out Hayden, 6 months as a dalmatian for Halloween.




I just couldn't get him to smile, which is understandable with the outfit he is wearing!!

I can't wait until Friday being Halloween. I have the day off so I'm going to visit my old preschool to see all the kiddies dressed for the Halloween parade. I'm sure I'll have some pictures next weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Awwww I loveeeee that baby!!! I can't wait to actually get to meet him though!!! Oh yeah and the decorations are GREAT!! SOOOO scary!! Love ya!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide