Saturday, October 11, 2008

Should I Vote?

I want to start this post off by saying I hate talking politics. Most of the time I have discussions with someone about politics it becomes a battle. I'm looking to learn and understand what each candidate is about. The other person is trying to make me believe one or the other is better and doesn't want to hear my views about that person. I usually end the conversation because they are pushing their views on me and I hate that. Let me decide who I think is better for our country. I'm not a strong republican or democrat and I will vote for whoever I see will help our country the best. I can't stand those people who think one way is the best without even hearing what the other party's candidate brings to the table. If you have seen or heard about The View the last couple of weeks, Hasselbeck is a perfect example of someone who doesn't want to hear anything bad about republicans. I truly hate this time of year because people get so defensive about their political views.

Alright, off my soapbox about this issue. But I really need some opinions on this one. I received my mail in ballot this week and still can't decide whether to vote or not. We have some very tough times going on right now with the economy and the war. I'm still not convinced that either one of these candidates plans are going to help. I'm sick of things coming up about the past that this candidate did this and this candidate did that. Why not tell me exactly what your plan is for the future with education and other issues.

I was watching The View last week and Whoppi said it the best about these candidates. She said, "None of them are qualified to be the President. Not one of them. They are stepping into a situation they have never faced before." She goes on to say this on another show, "None of them have the experience to lead the nation." This sums up how I'm feeling right now. Just don't know what to do.

1 comment:

  1. In Australia we have no choice in voting...it's mandatory! You get fined if you don't vote. As with all politics I think both of them have their good and bad points. I think you just have to listen to what they have to say, then choose the one that you believe will be the better one for you.
    I think it's important for you to vote however, because you need to include your say in the path the country will take. Mandatory or free choice I think it's important to have your say.

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide