Sunday, October 19, 2008

Scrapbooking Cards

As most of you know, I began to love scrapbooking when I started working at the preschool. My mom is always making things but I never quite got into it. When the girls started talking about and showing me their albums I fell in love. I just had to start creating my own memories with all the pictures I take. I absolutely love to take pictures and think it's a great way to save all those memories for generations to come.

So I usually stick with making scrapbooking pages with pictures. My one friend makes cards for all occasions. I decided I wanted to try making cards since it didn't seem that hard to do. My first card I made was a thank you card for the family that I'm actually nannying with. I sent the card as a thank you for meeting with me and to hope to see them again soon. Well, it must have made an impression on them since I have the job now!! Here's some pictures of my very first card.


The second card I made was for my friend Jodi's baby shower. I wanted to give her something that she could include on her scrapbooking pages that was special. I spent most of the morning looking for ideas online since I've never made a card for a baby shower before. Once I thought I knew what I was going to do I went upstairs to pick out my papers and supplies. Well it turned out that I had the cutest and most perfect paper to use but it didn't go with my sketch. So all that research went straight out the window. I decided to just wing it and hope for the best.

After a lot of thinking and working I finished the card and was very proud of it. This is only my second card that I've ever made. I can totally understand why people make cards. It's very rewarding to see the persons reaction when they realize you made it for them. My friend was very surprised and impressed on my work! Here are those pictures.

This was all one paper saying baby girl in the bottom right corner. All I had to do was cut into the size card I was making. I couldn't believe how perfect it matched.




The flowers were an off white that didn't really match the card so I "distressed" them. (Technical scrapbooking term for inking them with brown to make them look different) I added the brown flower in the middle to add just a little bit more. The pink heart is for the dot in the eye. I knew I was going to have a saying about a baby girl on the inside so I wanted it to start on the front, hence why I wrote a baby girl is...
I wanted to tie in the front on the inside of the card. So I tore strips from the paper and inked them to show the difference in the strips. I also added the brown flowers to draw attention to the saying and connect from the front.


Finally I found an envelope template to make my own envelope. I had the perfect brown paper to match the card and couldn't get it to work on the card so I used it for the envelope.



1 comment:

  1. And I absolutely love my card!! Your thank you card is beautiful too...it's no wonder you got the job!

    ReplyDelete

Scrapbooking Slide