Monday, October 6, 2008

A Pretty Good Week!

I had a pretty good week. The work week (even though I don't consider it work) went really well. The little boy is just the cutest, happiest little one. I truly love going to "work" and being with him all day. I'm trying to get him to sit up on his own and we had a tiny break through. He is able to hold himself up for a little with his own hands. That's a milestone for kids at his age, so I was very happy.

The other great thing is that the mom's work implemented every other Friday off, which means I'll get the same. So, I had a 3 day weekend! What a difference that makes for the work week. I think every company should enforce that rule. People would probably work better knowing they were going to have every other Friday off.

I haven't seen the kids from the preschool and some of my old coworkers for over 3 weeks. So I decided to go spend some time at the preschool for my day off. It made me so happy and miss working there. The kids I worked with all recognized me which made me very happy and sad at the same time. I had a blast spending time there. I especially missed chit chatting with my friends. I realized why I quit though when I started hearing all of the drama that was going on. I will be going back on some of those Fridays I have off to see those kids and friends.

Dave ended up getting his bonus for reenlisting this week. We have been wanting a patio set for the longest time. Especially living in San Diego since we can use it all year round. Dave decided to use some of his bonus money to buy a nice set. Since he didn't want to spend the money to have it delivered he asked one of his friends with a truck to help. Since he did, we took him and his girlfriend out to Cheesecake Factory. I absolutely love that place because of the peanut butter cheesecake I get. MM MM Good!!!



We finally have somewhere to sit when we have cookouts on that grill! :)

We also wanted to have people over Saturday night to use our patio furniture for the first time. You'll never believe what happened. It actually rained in San Diego! It rains like 5 times in a year. Go figure it happens when we finally can eat outside. We still had a good time though playing beer pong in the garage and watching the MMA ultimate fighting. If you watch American Gladiators you are familiar with Crush. She is a fighter who fought Saturday night. That's the only one I cared to watch. She ended up beating this other girl up. Crush only had like 2 marks on her face. She kicks some ass when she fights.

I have meet some really cool people out here. I hung out with one of Dave's friends girlfriends Saturday night. We have hung out a few times and feel like she's going to become another close friend out here. We are a lot alike I'm starting to realize. It sucks she has to work Saturday and Sundays cause they always have to leave early. I'm hoping next weekend she calls off so we can kick some guys butts at beer pong like we did this weekend!!

The Steelers played Jacksonville tonight. I was very nervous because Jacksonville always gives us a hard game. That was the playoff game Dave and I went to last year, when we ended up losing at the end. We were heart broken so we needed some payback tonight. And we got it. We won 26-21 and we actually looked good. We were missing a lot of our players and still pulled it out!! Thank god for our bye week next week so hopefully most of our players can get healthy and back to playing.

Lastly, I lost 3 pounds this week!! I have been taking Hayden on a 30 minute walk everyday. I also have been eating healthy. I'm so happy it paid off too. It motivates me to continue.

Here are some of the pictures from last year's playoff game even though we lost. We still had a blast and I love going to games. My dad has the best season tickets ever. Dave really enjoyed sitting 3 rows back on the 50 yard line of the Steelers side. We pray every day that my parents will give us those tickets over my other siblings!

This is us all bundled up before leaving Dave's parents house. It was very cold that night.

We took the ferry to the game. I love how our stadium is open like that.


Dave in our seats ready for the game to begin

Me. We have the best view from our seats.


TOUCHDOWN!!! Great picture of Dave's excitement!


Check out the Heinz ketchup bottles. They open during every red zone. Really neat!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide