This has been a pretty frustrating 2 weeks of work. At least the past week was only 4 days since it was the week the mom had her Friday off. For some reason Hayden wasn't eating well at all. He started refusing his bottle last Wednesday. He is supposed to be on 8 oz bottles every 3-4 hours. We reduced his bottles to 6 oz and sometimes he was only taking 1-2 oz. The good thing was that he was doing the same thing for the parents so it wasn't just me. He would take a little then close his lips, arch his back and refuse the rest. I would try for an hour since after that the formula wasn't good anymore. The parents got to the point where they said "he'll eat when he's hungry." So I just tried to stay calm and not let it get to me.
He was really starting to get cranky which is not normal for him though. The mom went into work Tuesday and her boss said she should really call the doctor to get it checked out. She was trying to make it to Friday since he had his 6 month check up. The doctor wanted to see him that day though since he was eating less than 1/2 his normal.
Hayden has a reflex that makes him spit up quite a lot sometimes while he's eating. He's on medicine for that. The doctor said that sometimes that medicine stops working. She said that he's probably refusing the bottle cause it's hurting his stomach every time he eats. She wanted to put him on different medication to hopefully help his stomach. Plus he's teething which adds to his refusal of eating sometimes.
Thursday he finally got back to taking every bottle to it's fullest that I gave him. That made the parents, as well as myself, feel so much better. The dad kept saying that we're getting his "happy baby back!" I'm very interested to see how he did this weekend.
Saturday was Jodi's baby shower. I had never been to a baby shower so I had no clue what to expect. I was just so happy to go and spend the afternoon with the girls that I haven't seen in a few weeks. It was also nice to get dressed up for something since I haven't in FOREVER. It was a lot of fun playing baby games and hanging with the girls. Jodi seemed very happy too. She got lots of presents which proves what a great friend she is!! I am truly looking forward to meeting her baby girl in December!
Finally, the Steelers won today making them 5-1! It was a little scary since at half we were only winning 10-7, but we came out and eventually took over. Next week will be a challenge against the Giants. Next weekend will be some good football to watch. Penn State plays Ohio State. If they get through Ohio State they have a good chance of playing for the national championship. That would be great but we're hoping they stay at 3 to play at the Rose Bowl. Now that we live in San Diego, we would definitely go to Pasadena to watch them play. Plus my dad would be out here for the holidays and it would be great to be able to take him there to route for his Alum.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment