Sunday, March 8, 2009

Let me tell you what I do

I am a nanny. I watch a toddler boy for 9 hours of the day. I give him a bottle at 7:30 when I get there. Then a little later I feed him whole food. He's in the process of learning to feed himself so it varies what I give him. After eating, we play in the living room with his toys and books. I put him down for a nap between 9:30 and 10. He will sleep between 1 to 2 hours. When he wakes from his nap, he gets another bottle. I feed him some more people food after his bottle for lunch. If the weather is nice, which it usually is living in San Diego, we go for a walk outside. I let him crawl from room to room, listening to music and playing with toys. I try to put him down for an afternoon nap between 1:30 and 2. He usually doesn't nap during this time but I let him listen to music and relax in his bed for an hour. During this time I finish doing his laundry and washing his dishes. After the hour I feed him another bottle and food. This usually takes us to when his mom comes home from work.

I think I have the best job in the world. Working with the little boy just brightens my day. The parents are wondeful too and we get along great. All of this makes me look forward to going to work everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide