Sunday, March 29, 2009

First Week

Well it was a pretty uneventful first week of being pregnant. I feel like I have to pee nonstop now. Sometimes it can be really annoying. Nice thing is being a nanny I can use the bathroom whenever I need to. I'm also tired all the time. I usually lay down whenever Hayden is down for his nap. I also seem to sleep when I get home from work too. It's weird that I'm not able to eat as much. I guess it's cause I'm trying to eat snacks throughout the day and definitely getting a TON of water. My belly is probably full from all of that when I go to eat lunch and dinner. I just can't wait to start showing so everyone knows we are expecting. I joked with Dave this weekend that I can't wait to show so I can eat whatever I want and not have anyone say anything about it!!

The most exciting news this weekend is that we found an apartment to move to. We had been talking about moving for the last month but had never really found anything worth it. We went to see a place a few weeks ago but still weren't sure about it. Then we found we were pregnant and decided we needed to move somewhere cheaper that we could get ourselves a little more out of debt before the baby comes along. The other reason we wanted to move is that Dave's housing pay increased to $2100. We wanted to find a place that wouldn't use all of that and help us pay somethings. Dave spent most of Friday night looking at places online trying to figure out how much we wanted to spend. We went to look at a place Saturday afternoon that one of his friends lives in. They ended up being too small for everything we have for the price it was. We decided to go back to the first place we went to. The guy who helped us said that the places were still available and they were $150 cheaper than they were when we first came in. We decided to sign a lease that day for a second floor 2 bedroom, 2 bath apartment. We really wanted a first floor apartment because there is a big wrap around porch that would fit our patio furniture and grill. We thought we were going to have to sell our furniture if we couldn't get the first floor one. The guy mentioned that an application was pending for it and would let us know if it got cancelled so we could have it.

Dave took one of his friends from work there this morning cause he might move there too. Dave called me saying that the first floor apartment became available!! The application was denied which meant we were able to get it. We were sooooo excited. The apartment complex has a huge fitness center, a bunch of big pools, an olympic size swimming pool and many amenities that is definitely going to be worth moving. We are moving into the place April 15th. That means the next 2 weeks will be coming home from work and packing things up so we can be ready. I'm definitely not looking forward to moving and unpacking but definitely ready to be somewhere new.

This morning I was able to scrapbook a little while Dave was at the apartment place. I haven't done much since finding out I was pregnant. It was nice getting back to working on our cross country trip. Hopefully I'll finish the album before we make another cross country trip probably next July :) I also need to be ready to make my pregnancy and baby album!! I'm very excited to go shopping for baby scrapbooking supplies. They are sooo cute.

I'm very happy to have a 4 day week. We will be packing so it'll be nice to be able to sleep in Friday. I hope everyone has a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Scrapbooking Slide