I know we're not supposed to tell people I'm pregnant until after your 3rd month but I can't help myself. I'm so excited for this I can't even explain it. Here's what happened. I had been off birth control for over a year. We were trying on and off but weren't really forcing anything to happen. We thought if it happened it happens. Once we hit our year mark of trying a couple of my friends suggested getting tested to make sure everything was fine. We went to talk to a doctor and they said they will test Dave's sperm first and then check me. So Dave had an appointment for March 25th. We both thought it was going to take awhile to make sure since he had to have 2 appointments before I could even be seen. Since we had a month before Dave's appointment we decided to keep trying. I used the ovulation predictor tests to help me. I honestly thought I was getting my period this past weekend because I was getting cramps and my boobs were hurting like they normal do for my period. Thursday came and went and no period. I wasn't excited yet because I've been up to 2 days late when my period was supposed to come. Friday I still did not get my period. I have to admit I was starting to get a little excited but I remembered feeling that way before and the next day my period came. Saturday was our Twilight party and I kept going to the bathroom checking. Since I hadn't gotten it I decided not to drink to make sure. I thought if it doesn't come Sunday afternoon then I'm going to take a home pregnancy test. I woke up and still had not got my period so around 4 pm I took a pregnancy test. The double pink lines started showing up pretty much as soon as I put it down. I couldn't believe it!! I just kept thinking is this for real?? Dave didn't want to get excited until I took another one. So we went grocery shopping and I took another one when we got back. That one came out positive too! That pretty much proved to me that we were pregnant but Dave didn't want to be excited until we heard it from a doctor.
So I made an appointment for today to make sure. The doctor confirmed that we were pregnant and they concluded that I was 5 weeks pregnant according to my first day of my last period. With that information they think my potential due date will be November 27! They will check for sure with my first ultrasound which is scheduled for May 1st. I'm going to call next week to see if they have any cancellations for April 17 because I would love to see our baby and get a very good idea of how far along I am.
Dave and I are both soooo excited for this. Dave is hoping for a boy, but we both are praying that whatever we have is a healthy baby. This is my parents first grandchild so I can only imagine how spoiled our child will be. Both of our families could not be happier for the two of us. I of course will be posting all the goods and bads of being pregnant with lots of pictures. It's still hard to believe that I have a baby growing in my belly as I type and will be a mommy in 9 months! Crazy!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Brittny I'm so happy for you!!! I can remember being exactly where you are and it's such an exciting, crazy, hard to believe moment!! It will all become very real once you see your baby for the first time!
ReplyDeleteYou were such a great support to me through my pregnancy and of course my birth and I truly appreciate that! If you need me for anything at all just let me know!! I'm so happy for you guys!
By the way...I think Dave will be a great Daddy either way, but is he sure he doesn't want a little girl...he was so cute with Mackenzie!
Awww YAY!!! Congrats! I am so happy for you two. You deserve it! It is a very surreal moment when you see those two pink lines forming. Welcome to the world of unwanted advice from strangers, haha. Especially old ladies at the commissary. I think you and Dave will make great parents. Congrats again!
ReplyDelete